Woman refused bus travel at 3am for being 20p short on bus fare is raped... What would you have done

Permabanned
Each individual bus company has its own rules. You can't make a statement like that on the policy of each company.

I can make it in relation to the big four operators and their subsidiaries. Ticket Irregularities are generally treated in a similar way by these operators, the specific details may differ, but overall this is the way in which the policies are enacted.

Soldato
Aahahaha that quote of Asim's is almost worthy of a signature. Or a ban. I know you were already scraping the bottom of the barrel for credibility Asim but now you've lost it all.
The last thing I care about in this cesspool of a General Discussion subforum is my credibility.

And tell me which rules have I broken to deserve a ban?

If you have conflicting viewpoints then please feel free to dissect my post. I am a nice person and would happily read what anyone has to say, minus the attitude.

Last edited:
Soldato
EIGHT MINUTES.

EIGHT bloody minutes of commotion about 20 pence and not ONE person offered it up? Was anyone else actually on the bus?

Disgusting, I would have offered up the 20 pence there and then, she was clearly concerned enough to hang around for 8 minutes and/or go get cash from an ATM so it would have been noticeable.

Surely 8 minutes of delay is worth more to the bus company than 20 pence, should have let her on after she clearly was not happy to not get the ride after a minute or two.

Last edited:
Associate
If the bus driver was being an arse, which lets be honest the ones like this usually are massive jobsworths, then I would have got up and given her 20p. The bus drivers that are like this need to stop elevating their own job, had one the other week that full on moaned at me because he had to give me a pound coin out of his wallet because he didn't have any change and I'd given him a fiver - what has that got to do with me!

Associate
We are told never to refuse travel room anyone who could be considered vulnerable, which this girl was.
Infact someone was recently sacked for throwing a teenage girl off the bus late at night in the middle of nowhere because she didn't have a valid ticket.
I personally would have knocked it back a fare stage on the machine so the ticket would have been £4.80 or less.
The correct procedure would be to issue an unpaid fares form so the company could claim the revenue back.

Associate
Don't want to get raped? Don't get drunk and wonder around a UK city at 3am. How about some personal responsibility and common sense?

Don't be there in the first place.
Don't be there drunk.
Don't be there drunk and alone.
Don't be there drunk, alone and with insufficient bus/taxi fare having spent your money drinking.

Bad things happen in the world. It's YOUR job to avoid it. Not mine, not bus drivers, not the police, YOURS.

Obviously I would have given her the 20p if I was a passenger/driver but you shouldn't run on the assumption people will bail you out of trouble.

Exactly, its common sense. In that situation at least pay for as far as you can go and if desperate stay on a few stops extra. But it shouldn't even get that to that point if your struggling for cash ring a taxi from the pub or walk to a taxi rank that usually outside most popular clubs. Stay with friends and share a ride back.

If your dumb enough to get her point you'd at least plead with other passengers to borrow 20p.

Bad things happen to careless people.

Soldato
The driver had probably been dealing with drunks all night and is more than used to people trying to get away without paying, he bears no responsibility in what subsequently happened to this girl.

Reading the article and noting that the bus was held up for 8 minutes, was she pleading or refusing to alight and making a right nuisance of herself?

Soldato
All these people saying let her off 20p do you just give random discounts to people in your job?

OcUK I want to buy a highend PC but dont have the monies, will you let me have it £200 cheaper?

Back
Top Bottom