Have you played Spore?

Soldato
Rubbish. I have never been more disappointed by a game, due to all the hype and cool videos I'd seen, from which virtually nothing appeared in the actual game in any worthwhile way. The 2D first stage was really fun, the rest not so much... For example the way you had to choose your creature's appearance based on what stats each of the parts had, and how limited the actual gameplay in each section are two examples of aspects that really annoyed me. Then the space stage was just ridiculous and annoying. Would pay 50p due to the fun first stage, rest of it not worth the time, let alone any money imo.

Soldato
Yes, I regret every moment of it, and every penny I spent on it on release day :(

Most over hyped pile of nonsense ever released.

massive +1

Why the poop did I buy this I will never know. I'll admit, I found it fun making my own creature and the buildings and vehicles for my new race of creatures, but after you've done it once, it just gets boring.

Man of Honour
Couple of quid, it's well worth it.

It's also such a great idea and they need to make a spore 2.
It just wasn't customizable or big enough.

Soldato
Install at your own risk, it install's DRM not only deep into your root drive, but also into your system 32 folder, not that it will ruin anything, but I hear it can bloat and cause Windows to increase in size, oh and it doesn't tell you it does this btw. :)

Associate
I played it. It's fun for a while in a quirky almost children's game way, but quickly gets dull as hell - particularly after you've reached the space stage. Might be worth a few quid if you've watched some gameplay videos and not hated it!

Man of Honour
I still enjoy Spore, most of the problem is that it had a huge amount of hype and expectation around it.

Picked up Darkspore the other day, pretty decent actually.

Both would be worth a fiver IMO.

Associate
I wish we'd gotten what we were originally promised with Spore. When playing it, you can always see the wasted technology running underneath.

This. I still have a preview video lurking about my hard drive somewhere and it still makes me want to play...then I actually get into the game and remember how **** it is after the creature creator part :/ promises promises :/

Associate
I can't think of anything even remotely similar. I'd also like to play something like Spore.

Like everyone else said it was a waste, great concept but really badly done.

Soldato
I still remember the video where they were showing a demonstration of the game in development at some convention or expo or whatever it was and they actually got Robin Williams out of the crowd to come up and try it out.

It looked so much better back then than what we ended up with. They dumbed it down in so many different ways. Seriously disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom