Sky HD a tree and a horrible neighbor

Caporegime
I am certain that even if she had got the money she would not pay to sort the tree out.
So what would you do in this situation ?
a, we cannot approach her because of her violent nature.
b, we dont want to sort her tree out for her.
c, we are paying for sky that whenever it rains we cannot watch.
Sorry for the wall of text.

The tree isn't causing her any issues and there isn't really anything that requires sorting out on her part. You want her to trim part of it for your own reasons (presumably a part that isn't overhanging your garden else you could just cut it yourself) she is well within her rights to refuse for whatever reason AFAIK (maybe she likes the tree etc...). If I were you I'd approach the subject nicely/write a nice note and offer to pay all costs.

Soldato
Late last year our sky tv started to cut off whenever we had heavy rain, with the no satellite signal message being displayed.
We paid to have a sky engineer come and have a look and he said it was due to the tree in our neighbours garden, he moved the dish about a foot to the right and that cured the problem.
Now the problem has returned, but it's no longer just when we get heavy rain, the slightest drizzle and the satellite signal goes.
We phoned the housing authority who own our neighbours house to tell them of the problem and ask if they could arrange for the tree to be trimmed down a bit, apparently they are not responsible for issues like this, and it is up to the tenant to pay and arrange to have the tree sorted.
The problem we are now facing is our neighbour has never worked a day in her life and is just a loud mouthed abusive excuse for a human being who has no money, I am certain that even if she had got the money she would not pay to sort the tree out.
So what would you do in this situation ?
a, we cannot approach her because of her violent nature.
b, we dont want to sort her tree out for her.
c, we are paying for sky that whenever it rains we cannot watch.
Sorry for the wall of text.

so you want an unemployed person to pay to have their tree chopped so you can get a better satellite signal? am i understanding this? can you see how bad that sounds when made more concise?

no offence but i would tell you to **** off if i was her. maybe if you offered to pay since its your problem. she has no obligation to do it and it will not benefit her, why should she pay, she doesnt have to.

if the tree overhangs your lawn you can cut directly up from the boundary fence, if i recall.

Associate
OP
Well just phoned Sky, got an engineer booked for next week, free of charge.
They made a note that I might need a bigger dish.
Currently got the mini dish I believe, and the guy I spoke to said they do larger ones, so hopefully we will get this all sorted.
Thanks for you help chaps.

Caporegime
Currently got the mini dish I believe, and the guy I spoke to said they do larger ones, so hopefully we will get this all sorted.

Fingers crossed :)

Associate
OP
what has happened to this country!?

You haven't even asked your neighbour to resolve the issue and you have already decided she is horrible and a layabout with no money and a violent nature? Grow some balls lad!

Also you wouldnt be paying HER to SORT OUT HER tree for HER, you would be paying to sort it out for YOU as your the one that the tree is causing an issue. I bet her (HER) tv reception is fine.

The issue is obviously with you, Sort your self out and then worry about watching TV in the rain later.

She is a problem neighbour mate, all of us in our row of seven houses have reported her to the police and the housing authority for numerous incidents.

Lew

Lew

Associate

The call centre make me laugh, You dont require a bigger Dish just yours being moved higher and put on a S-pole which can sit above the gutter and have the dish on that.

Associate
OP
The call centre make me laugh, You dont require a bigger Dish just yours being moved higher and put on a S-pole which can sit above the gutter and have the dish on that.

As long as it works.
He did say that the bigger dishes do receive the signal better so that would help the issue.

Associate
OP
for goodness sake man grow a pair!

Its not a matter of growing a pair.
Her and her sixteen year old just love to have someone to have a go at.
It has been proven in the past that the slightest of issues anyone has against her and all hell breaks loose.
It just isn't worth the aftermath of grief.

Associate
OP
and the tree is causing an issue for neither of them.. so there's no reason why they'd pay for it.

I'm sorry if I was misunderstood, I was not expecting the tenant to pay for anything.
It was her landlord that we made the inquiry with, ie the housing association, who the house and the tree belong to.
Edit : Come to think of it, I can't believe the housing association expects someone on the dole with no money to pay to have her tree trimmed, surely its their responsibility ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Expecting her to pay for your problem is ridiculous.

Really?

To be honest it is a shame she is such a **** neighbour. If people took pride in the way their property looked and was bothered how it effect others around then this would never be a problem.

Maybe I should just let the weeds and flowers and bushes grow over into my neighbours garden and block out sunlight/sky.

Actually no I will keep it up out of my own pocket/time and keep it all nice and tidy.

Associate
OP
Really?

To be honest it is a shame she is such a **** neighbour. If people took pride in the way their property looked and was bothered how it effect others around then this would never be a problem.

Maybe I should just let the weeds and flowers and bushes grow over into my neighbours garden and block out sunlight/sky.

Actually no I will keep it up out of my own pocket/time and keep it all nice and tidy.
I imagine due to the height of the tree that it wont be a cheap job to do.
I would have thought the responsibility would be the the council run housing association.
Not the tenant who has no money.

Back
Top Bottom