iphone to S3 question

Associate
So..
I've decided to jump ship from an iphone after years and gone for an s3 that will be here tomorrow. ***cant wait***

All my contacts are sorted in windows contacts but I can't seem to find out if it's easy to import them to my new phone tomorrow? is it as hard as it looks or am I being silly?

Also anything else I need to know? :D

Associate
Hi,

can you please post a step by step guide as to how to do this? I am moving from an iphone 4 to S3 but can't seem to get it to work. I have synced itunes with google and then tried to sync my phone to that google account but the phone contacts haven't been transfered to my s3.

I also tried the method above posted by smokedog setting it up through gmail and that didn't seem to work either.

Thanks

Soldato
Hi,

can you please post a step by step guide as to how to do this? I am moving from an iphone 4 to S3 but can't seem to get it to work. I have synced itunes with google and then tried to sync my phone to that google account but the phone contacts haven't been transfered to my s3.

I also tried the method above posted by smokedog setting it up through gmail and that didn't seem to work either.

Thanks

Log into the Gmail account on a PC and see if your contacts are there. If they aren't then you've not done it right. IF they are there should be no reason as to why they aren't coming through if you are using correct login details on all machines.

Associate
Did you add an account to your Android? That's most obvious failure point I guess. Settings > accounts and sync > is your google account there?

I did that part. I have checked my gmail and the contacts aren't there so I'll go back to the start and try again when I get home from work (not got it with me as waiting for number to move over to the new phone from my iphone4).

Associate
I have tried everything since I got home and nothing has worked. In itunes I sync contacts with google contacts but when i got to google.com/contacts there is nothing there?

EDIT: Managed to do it by signing into icloud, downloading the contacts from there and importing them to google contacts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom