Yamakasi Catleap 27" 100mhz IPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Well as long as it comes back in one piece :p

I hope so. :) However, if its OSD is in French and it has lots of lipstick kisses all over it, then you know it's been there much longer than the seller said it had - and a Dell was found outside the stage with circuit poisoning and a suicide note. :D

Which exact monitor have you gone for? :)

Associate
Pixel Perfect CROSSOVER 27Q from AW

Ahh good choice, yes. I may be getting a Crossover 27Q LED-P as soon as my pal gets his posterior in to gear. I started on Monday with an email to him with links etc, he screwed up timing on Tuesday, dithered on Wednesday, made an offer to BCC on Thursday, he messed up timing again today, (Friday), to check if it was accepted, and now may have to wait till Monday to place the order. Jeez, never trust yer friends to get things right. :mad:
I hope you enjoy your monitor. :D Oh and I'll also be getting a wall mounted swing arm thing to mount it on. :cool: :)

Associate
I would like to know if some of you ordered any "multi" (input) versions of those screens and could tell me if the scaling works fine.

I hesitate getting a dvi-d only input because i like playing xbox or ps3 games on a monitor but the price of the multi versions are quite high compared to the basic ones, the extra cost is almost the price of a regular TN 24" or a second hand 32" tv.

One other question on scaling, i don't have any experience with that kind of resolution or dual dvi and i'd like to know if my gtx460 will be able to scale games correctly on a basic dvi-d at lower resolution.
That card can play some games at 1080p but i doubt it'll play anything at a higher res. I've been playing with that card at lower res on a 1920x1200 screen and didn't notice any kind of problems and i'd like to know if it'll work as well with those basic models.

Soldato
I,m thinking of selling my PCBank and going with a Dell 24" 1920x1200 screen. The PCBank is a stunning screen but I'm finding the 2560x1440 res hard on my eyes and if you lower the res it looks awful.

Associate
My pal finally pulled the trigger on a Crossover 27Q LED-P for me. It should be here next week sometime :D. I just hope the Sapphire Radeon HD5850 works with it and handles BF:BC2 sweetly. Here's hoping! Thanks for the 5850 test Moogleys, it was that test that secured the choice. :) I'll let you know how it works out.

Associate
I,m thinking of selling my PCBank and going with a Dell 24" 1920x1200 screen. The PCBank is a stunning screen but I'm finding the 2560x1440 res hard on my eyes and if you lower the res it looks awful.

Really! I just changed res to 1920*1080 and it does look pretty awful on 27" but I'm not sure I could go back to a 24" now but I guess my eyes aren't as bad as I thought as I don't have a problem for the most part with 2560*1440. I take it you don't really like it when you adjust the size to125% in Windows? It does look a bit strange to be honest.

Last edited:
Associate
I would like to know if some of you ordered any "multi" (input) versions of those screens and could tell me if the scaling works fine.

I hesitate getting a dvi-d only input because i like playing xbox or ps3 games on a monitor but the price of the multi versions are quite high compared to the basic ones, the extra cost is almost the price of a regular TN 24" or a second hand 32" tv.

One other question on scaling, i don't have any experience with that kind of resolution or dual dvi and i'd like to know if my gtx460 will be able to scale games correctly on a basic dvi-d at lower resolution.
That card can play some games at 1080p but i doubt it'll play anything at a higher res. I've been playing with that card at lower res on a 1920x1200 screen and didn't notice any kind of problems and i'd like to know if it'll work as well with those basic models.

I have the Crossover 2720MDP GOLD LED with pivot stand, it looks fine on my Xbox at 1080. As for my PC I use it at native but have tried it at 1900x1200 and at my old res 1680x1050 and it scales fine. Don't forget at the highest res you can turn off any AA if you need to. I well chuffed with mine and I understand where Moogleys coming from about the high res taking some time to get used to it but its so crips:) You can see some screenies of mine at post 1816

Soldato
I picked up a Dell 2410 24" screen today, on loan from a friend. I really cannot believe how much better the PCBank is compared to this screen.
The Dell has to me quite bad motion blurring on some games like Dirt. The colours are also not as vibrant as the cheap Korean.

I did like the res and I think for me 1920x1200 is perfect but there is no way I would replace the PCbank with the Dell and really do not want a TN panel so will have to keep searching. I have a Dell 2412 coming hopefully tomorrow but as this is a lower spec screen than the 2410 I'm not expecting much tbh.

Associate
I picked up a Dell 2410 24" screen today, on loan from a friend. I really cannot believe how much better the PCBank is compared to this screen.
The Dell has to me quite bad motion blurring on some games like Dirt. The colours are also not as vibrant as the cheap Korean.

I did like the res and I think for me 1920x1200 is perfect but there is no way I would replace the PCbank with the Dell and really do not want a TN panel so will have to keep searching. I have a Dell 2412 coming hopefully tomorrow but as this is a lower spec screen than the 2410 I'm not expecting much tbh.

I have been surprised how good my catleap (2D revision) performs when handling fast motion. I thought it was going to be a bit of a blurry mess but it handles it very well. I think it was PCM2 on these forums who frightened me by saying these catleap/achieva/crossover/PCbank monitors don't have any RTC (overdrive) to improve the slower response times of these IPS panels but i think they must do for these to handle motion as well as they do.

When I first got my catleap I had it set up next to a 23" LG e-IPS monitor and I played some video to both screens at the same time. The catleap was definately slightly better at handling fast motion than the LG which, I think, has some kind of overdrive built in.

Last edited:
Associate
I have the Crossover 2720MDP GOLD LED with pivot stand, it looks fine on my Xbox at 1080. As for my PC I use it at native but have tried it at 1900x1200 and at my old res 1680x1050 and it scales fine.

thx for the feedback.

i did see your pics, that version is really full featured, pivot, multi.. Crossover do have the higher grade build of those brands, along with pcbank maybe.
it would be my choice if i had some extra budget but unfortunately i can't really afford to put that price on a monitor without warranty or at least local supplier support, otherwise i wouldn't hesitate.

I'll probably go for a cheap choice, a basic 27" with a decent stand and without glass and i'll get a second hand tv or monitor for my consoles.

I'm also trying to identify the multi logic boards in those models for a possible future upgrade of my monitor.

Associate
My monitor came this morning as I was about to go work. Gonna unpack and take some pics after work

:D Can't wait to see! How long did yours take to get to you from the day you ordered it? So far, it's been 4 days since mine was ordered from BCC, but 2 of those were the weekend and I have no idea if BCC sends out items over the weekend or even if the mailing firms operate on weekends. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom