Audi S3 Stolen In Manchester (Video)

Man of Honour
Just for your information-its my friend whom this happened to,he FORGOT to turn his key in the lock,it was 7pm,he lives on a main road-he was also planning to head back out to his car shortly.I'm sure we have all done this.
The scum in this video entered his house-with his wife and 3 young children present,threatened them with a weapon and left with his car.
Dont sit behind your keyboard parping on what a *** he was not locking his door.Thats irrelevant..The vermin who did this crime subjected his family to a horrific experience,leaving your door open does not constitute an open invitation for a thug to enter your house and victimise your family.
I hope none of you ever have to endure what happened here,and as some have said 'its his own fault' i would seriously think about that.The scum in the video would have robbed his car anyway,it could have been worse
and it could happen to you.

Nothing to do with being keyboard warriors - granted a moment of absent mindedness can happen to anyone (I forgot to lock the backdoor for an hour the other night after putting the rubbish out) but in a wider context especially if you have a young family its not irrelevant you do everything you can to protect your family and that includes taking sensible precautions and way too many people don't then wonder why it happens to them.

I'm not saying its the guys fault or even specifically pointing at this instance but I have very little sympathy for people who don't take simple realistic precautions against the reality of the world we live in.

Last edited:
Soldato
Who cares if they get caught anyway - what's going to happen to them? Community order? Ankle tag? Suspended sentence?

I bet they're quaking in their stolen nikes...

Caporegime
I am not disappoint.

every thread that has this type of response either:

A) the person it happened to posts
B) a friend of the person it happened to posts

And there we have it. :D

Just for your information-its my friend whom this happened to,he FORGOT to turn his key in the lock,it was 7pm,he lives on a main road-he was also planning to head back out to his car shortly.I'm sure we have all done this.
The scum in this video entered his house-with his wife and 3 young children present,threatened them with a weapon and left with his car.
Dont sit behind your keyboard parping on what a *** he was not locking his door.Thats irrelevant..The vermin who did this crime subjected his family to a horrific experience,leaving your door open does not constitute an open invitation for a thug to enter your house and victimise your family.
I hope none of you ever have to endure what happened here,and as some have said 'its his own fault' i would seriously think about that.The scum in the video would have robbed his car anyway,it could have been worse
and it could happen to you.

I do hope your friend gets back to normal as soon as possible and it doesn't worry them to much in the future.

Such pond scum that do this.

Soldato
My friend has had a new door fitted recently, nice modern PVC one. My door in comparison is old and awful wood and could easily be banged in I reckon. However, with his, you go in the house turn around and push/shut the door and it's not locked. You have to physically lock it every time with a key form the inside. That seems daft to me and long each time. I'd go for my old door every time on the basis that at least it's a physical deterrent having it locked.

Soldato
My front door is unlocked while we are awake and in the house, nothing worse than trying to find keys if a fire breaks out.

And even if the door was locked, all they needed to do was ring the doorbell and THEN threaten them with a weapon. My friend was carjacked in Manchester whilst getting into his car. They beat him to a pulp even though he had given them the keys...

Soldato
My front door is unlocked while we are awake and in the house, nothing worse than trying to find keys if a fire breaks out.

And even if the door was locked, all they needed to do was ring the doorbell and THEN threaten them with a weapon. My friend was carjacked in Manchester whilst getting into his car. They beat him to a pulp even though he had given them the keys...

Good point..

Soldato
We all must be strange up here then I do not know a single person with double glazing and the normal UPVC doors that locks them during the day when they are in the house. Nearly every house in our street is a normal door that does not lock by itself.

Anyone who cannot feel badly for the house owner needs a reality check that is an awful thing to have done to you by thieving scumbags.

Soldato

You don't need the keys to open most doors from the inside though? And it prevents people just walking in at will. I would much rather be given some time to react to a B & E than have someone in my living room door way surprising me.

Obviously you could get jumped or they could knock on the door, but then they have to stand and bang, and not many people are willing to do that in this day and age, and those that are, are not worth fighting.

Soldato

Keep the key in the door?

And even if the door was locked, all they needed to do was ring the doorbell and THEN threaten them with a weapon.

I don't know about you, but when I answer the door, I don't swing it wide open until I know who it is. Threatened with a weapon? The door would get slammed pretty damn quickly. Ok, it's not guaranteed to work but it gives you a fighting chance.

Soldato
I don't know about you, but when I answer the door, I don't swing it wide open until I know who it is. Threatened with a weapon? The door would get slammed pretty damn quickly. Ok, it's not guaranteed to work but it gives you a fighting chance.

Exactly, imagine a door being shut in this gif and I'm pretty much the dude in white trunks

3NmgX.gif

With this kinda facial expression

JcoQr.gif

Soldato
You don't need the keys to open most doors from the inside though?

Only the old wooden doors with crumby Yale locks and rarely some newer upvc... Our door doesn't lock until you turn the key, inside or out, same for unlocking, and same as the door in the video, another triumph of design from house builders.

Keep the key in the door?

That was exactly what I do so if a fire breaks out in middle of the night I can open the door without hunting for keys.

Yeah if he hasn't already pushed the door so hard to put you on your backside with a massive bruise on your face!

Our door doesn't lock until you turn the key, inside or out, same for unlocking, and same as the door in the video. No I don't always have a fire, but I have seen the advice from the fire service which suggests to leave the key in the door when locked, which is what I do, and people here were saying is dumb...

If I leave the keys in the lock and the door locked, a quick peak through the letterbox will reveal their location and stealability, the lock is beside the letterbox, great design imho :rolleyes:

My point is for all the smart alecs here, that short of having a pack of pit bulls just inside the door, there is little you can do against people who are willing to threaten you or cause bodily harm for your keys, and that the event is so rare, it is more unlikely than my house catching fire which I wish to prepare for as I value my family's lives over my car.

Police advice is to take your keys to bed with you, which is awesome if I run down 2 flights of stairs to suddenly remember the keys are on my wife's dressing table.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thieves who took the car are scum but the victims are dumb for making the effort to use CCTV but not locking the door.

Just unlucky. I bet they will lock the door next time though!

Caporegime
I bet they will lock the door next time though!

But somehow that will feel like a prision... Not that it makes any difference, afterall an unlocked closed door lookes exactly the same as a locked closed door......

As for leaving your keys in the front door, not a bad idea in terms of fire safety, but a total security nightmare, i have a routine of taking my keys and placing them on my bedside table every evening.

Soldato
But somehow that will feel like a prision... Not that it makes any difference, afterall an unlocked closed door lookes exactly the same as a locked closed door......

As for leaving your keys in the front door, not a bad idea in terms of fire safety, but a total security nightmare, i have a routine of taking my keys and placing them on my bedside table every evening.

Firstly, have you seen how easily anyone can get into your house with a locked door? Having been broken into 3 times when I lived in Northampton, once while we were asleep in bed, I would rather they took what they want from downstairs, than come to my bedroom with a carving knife from the kitchen to threaten me for my keys. My wife's car was stolen with the keys during one robbery and the insurance paid out and fixed it, same for all my property, which was far less important than personal safety.

Caporegime
Firstly, have you seen how easily anyone can get into your house with a locked door? Having been broken into 3 times when I lived in Northampton, once while we were asleep in bed, I would rather they took what they want from downstairs, than come to my bedroom with a carving knife from the kitchen to threaten me for my keys. My wife's car was stolen with the keys during one robbery and the insurance paid out and fixed it, same for all my property, which was far less important than personal safety.

Sorry i should have been more explicit, i take my house keys with me, my car keys remain out of view but in the lounge.

How easy it is to get into someone home all depends how well the home is protected, clearly it also depends on what the threat is.

Also going back on one of your previous comments, a correctly fitted solid hardwood door with a high security Yale lock, hinge bolts and rack bolts is VERY hard to break down.

Lots of people assume the UPVC is better, however unless you buy a proper composite UPVC door (rock door) then you would be wrong, lots of the cheap ones have little structure, you bash the middle panel, the frame stays in place but the door falls to bits.

Last edited:
Permabanned

Indeed.

I have CCTV that covers the cars, the approach to the house and the front door, and the doors are locked whenever we're in the house regardless.

My car isn't really high value, a 6k-ish ST220, yet on the very very slim chance someone is intent on stealing it for whatever reason, they're going to really want to steal it so I keep the keys out of view of any windows but in plain view at the bottom of the stairs to anyone who's entered the house.

Anyone who's that set on stealing my car can have it, I'd be absolutely gutted to wake up hearing it roaring away down the street - but much rather that than waking up hearing my son screaming in fright or with a knife at my throat and someone asking me where the keys are.

CCTV and locked doors will deter the opportunistic thieves, for the professional car thieves, very little short of a firearm will stop them.

The reason I had CCTV installed was because I had the headlight washer covers stolen from the ST. Bugger all really, a couple of pieces of small painted plastic. However, I live at the very top of a small cul-de-sac, and it was the thought that someone knows the car is there and had xenons that compelled me to have the CCTV installed. From the road that our cul-de-sac comes from, there's just no way anyone can see the headlight washer covers. Hence someone must have come up the street, either by foot or in a car, then walked around the front of the car and scoped it out. And to be honest, the thought of just that creeped me out, not so much them scoping the car out, but someone with malignant intent being so close to my family and I probably whilst we slept or maybe even while we were eating dinner.

I love my car, but I love my family more and if the CCTV makes someone think twice about approaching my property for reasons that aren't entirely legal, it's worth a million times more than the money I paid to have it installed.

Back
Top Bottom