HP DM1

Associate
Had similar issue with Win activation. Had to use the stupid call system - took ages.

I have the same issue with volume from my HTPC - dialog too quiet, loud action bits too loud.

I see that there are various eq settings in the beats audio panel and it's defaulted to Music, I'll have a play with these and see if it helps. "Speech" should be better.

Associate
I see that there are various eq settings in the beats audio panel and it's defaulted to Music, I'll have a play with these and see if it helps. "Speech" should be better.

Let me know if you get any joy - or find another way to do it.

I use VLC player on my Revo HTPC, video is via HDMI, but sound is optical to a surround sound system.

Its a pain in the ar$e to be honest, I find myself turning it up and down all the time lol

Associate
-----------------------------

Guys, I have an issue - hoping you can help.

When I unplug the AC power, the screen brightness drops considerably.

In power options, I've got it set to 100% for both AC and Battery Power, and the F3 "brighten" key doesn't do anything.

This is really annoying for me, as I want to use this on planes etc, where you need max brightness to overcome the sunlight coming through the windows.

Does anyone know how to fix?

Soldato
im now having a couple of problems with mine grrr, tried installing 12.4 cats, still shows as 12.3???? i completely uninstalled them and deleted the directory then installed 12.4's but doesnt appear to have worked, also flashed new bios i was on f13 to f15 and now my wifi wont connect :(

Associate
Let me know if you get any joy - or find another way to do it.

I use VLC player on my Revo HTPC, video is via HDMI, but sound is optical to a surround sound system.

Its a pain in the ar$e to be honest, I find myself turning it up and down all the time lol

I changed to speech and it was better but still not perfect.

In your case your Audio amp may have a setting to adjust this, dynamic sound compression or something like that. Also when I'm at home my TV accepts the various inputs via HDMI (PC. XBOX, DVD etc...) and routes the audio back to the Amp via one optical cable which works well and means the amp stays on the same source and sound settings most of the time.

Might be worth a try.

Associate
im now having a couple of problems with mine grrr, tried installing 12.4 cats, still shows as 12.3???? i completely uninstalled them and deleted the directory then installed 12.4's but doesnt appear to have worked, also flashed new bios i was on f13 to f15 and now my wifi wont connect :(

I'm on F15 Bios and the HP assistant is showing another update available, nothing on the HP website though.

I've done 2 bios upgades so far with no issues other than having to go through the microsoft phone registration again (could they have made that more longwinded!!) which is why I'm not bothering to update the bios again.

Associate
I'm on F15 Bios and the HP assistant is showing another update available, nothing on the HP website though.

I've done 2 bios upgades so far with no issues other than having to go through the microsoft phone registration again (could they have made that more longwinded!!) which is why I'm not bothering to update the bios again.

The HP support assistant doesn't seem to like F15 BIOS and tries to take you back to the F01 (or was it F02) BIOS! Not sure what's going on, but I've told my HP support assistant to ignore the retrograde BIOS update.

Associate
Can someone tell me what speed the SATA controller is in the dm1-4020sa? I am looking to buy a SSD for it but don't know whether to pay extra for the Kingston V+200 which is SataIII or whether I'd get no benefit over the slightly cheaper SanDisk Ultra which is SataII.

Associate
Put my old Kingston V100 sata II in my missus DM1-3101ea no real drama, still fast considering what is under the hood.

You have two choices, save the cash and go sata II as to be fair you should not really be using the DM1 for massive tasks?

Or you go for the Sata III and reuse the SSD later on a new system.

Regads.

C.

Associate
Put my old Kingston V100 sata II in my missus DM1-3101ea no real drama, still fast considering what is under the hood.

You have two choices, save the cash and go sata II as to be fair you should not really be using the DM1 for massive tasks?

Or you go for the Sata III and reuse the SSD later on a new system.

Regads.

C.

Thanks for the advice. Decided to spend an extra fiver to get the Kingston V200, will see how it goes.

Associate
Some websites suggest dm1-4175sa has USB3 ports, but not according to HP specification.

If you don't own either, I'd wait. There's already a dm1-4200 listed, which features Brazos 2.0 which has arguably better graphics.

Or wait even longer for something Trinity based but it may be a while before it enters the 11.6" market.

Associate
Some websites suggest dm1-4175sa has USB3 ports, but not according to HP specification.

If you don't own either, I'd wait. There's already a dm1-4200 listed, which features Brazos 2.0 which has arguably better graphics.

Or wait even longer for something Trinity based but it may be a while before it enters the 11.6" market.

Mine has 3. 2 on the RHS, 1 on the LHS

Back
Top Bottom