The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Gregory Ioannidis ‏@LawTop20 With RFC ending, liabilities and sanctions [Court of Session, dual contracts etc] would also end. This is the main advantage of New Rangers.

Gregory Ioannidis ‏@LawTop20 The 'transfer' of the OldCo's liabilities to the NewCo, would mean a serious violation of the separate corporate personality principle.

Gregory Ioannidis ‏@LawTop20 @Paulmcc12 @evanjhenderson @mdkster Just to help: SPL may vote to apply sanctions to NewCo but it would be in violation of national law

Soldato
At the end of the day it now comes down to whether the Rangers fans want to keep the history and titles etc though 3rd division football, or have a crippled club in the SPL. Looks to me like most will want division 3 even if out of spite.

If Rangers go to court again then they risk FIFA getting involved where they're happy at the moment to let the SFA run things. It certainly looks like the mood of the other clubs changed as soon as Rangers went to court over the transfer ban.

Last edited:
Associate
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18494114

BBC said:
Dave King says Rangers need investment from funders on a non-commercial basis for the next three years.
At the moment, he believes Rangers only represent a good buy for an asset stripper.
King was the second largest shareholder in the soon-to-be-liquidated Rangers Football Club plc.
He arrived in Scotland on Monday for discussions about the way ahead for the new Rangers.
Asked if the best way forward for the club would be under the Walter Smith-led consortium, who held a preliminary meeting with the current owners through an intermediary on Sunday, he said: "I would think so because my understanding from [new chief executive] Mr [Charles] Green is that he sees this as being a financial opportunity.
"I really don't believe Rangers represents a financial opportunity for anyone other than an asset stripper.

Still looking bleak isn't it.

Soldato

Apparently there was a £6m offer in today for the club though Green has already said he wants £10m-£20m depending on source. With Green not having the support of the fans it looks like a drop to the 3rd division is looking more likely, though how they'll maintain Ibrox is anyone's guess.

Soldato
Easy, the Celtic v Dundee Utd game will be postponed. Celtic play Real Madrid that day over in the states.

Celtic's game on the 11th is already postponed as they are away playing a friendly match that weekend.

EDIT: Damn, beaten like a ginger step-child

OK. Fairplay. but can you explain what do they do then on the third fixture????

Associate
Apparently there was a £6m offer in today for the club though Green has already said he wants £10m-£20m depending on source. With Green not having the support of the fans it looks like a drop to the 3rd division is looking more likely, though how they'll maintain Ibrox is anyone's guess.

Would they even get into the third division as a default? I am sure that club spartans are ready to enter the third division and have met all the criteria the SFL demands. They would and should be rightly peeved if someone else gets infront of them.

Soldato
Would they even get into the third division as a default? I am sure that club spartans are ready to enter the third division and have met all the criteria the SFL demands. They would and should be rightly peeved if someone else gets infront of them.

The newco would need to apply to the SFL, which would probably open up the space to include Cove Rangers and Spartans' potential applications. Time running out on the whole process before the start of the new season though, with it increasingly looking like the SPL application will be rejected unless Rangers accept any EBT punishments as part of the deal.

Associate
At the end of the day it now comes down to whether the Rangers fans want to keep the history and titles etc though 3rd division football, or have a crippled club in the SPL. Looks to me like most will want division 3 even if out of spite.

If Rangers go to court again then they risk FIFA getting involved where they're happy at the moment to let the SFA run things. It certainly looks like the mood of the other clubs changed as soon as Rangers went to court over the transfer ban.
if you have read this whole thread (which im sure you have) accusing rangers or rangers fans of making a decision based purely on spite is maybe a tad hypocritical ?

Associate
The newco would need to apply to the SFL, which would probably open up the space to include Cove Rangers and Spartans' potential applications. Time running out on the whole process before the start of the new season though, with it increasingly looking like the SPL application will be rejected unless Rangers accept any EBT punishments as part of the deal.

I dont think that is even possible (or legal?). If rangers are shown to have cheated striping the affected titles from them is what I believe most fans want to see (if they cheated). You could however impose conditions for a club being voted straight into the top flight. I suppose then you get into an argument of semantics (condition vs sanction).

Imo, any ill gotten gains should be stripped and tainted titles removed from the record books, and newco apply as a new club to the SFL like any new club (with no penalty for the sins of the old company).

Soldato
if you have read this whole thread (which im sure you have) accusing rangers or rangers fans of making a decision based purely on spite is maybe a tad hypocritical ?

It won't be purely based on spite but there are plenty of Rangers fans who want to go to division 3 to make the rest of the SPL clubs suffer for the league going beyond what they see as fair punishment according to the SPL rules. Of course this might have changed with the news that Sky aren't walking away.

I dont think that is even possible (or legal?). If rangers are shown to have cheated striping the affected titles from them is what I believe most fans want to see (if they cheated). You could however impose conditions for a club being voted straight into the top flight. I suppose then you get into an argument of semantics (condition vs sanction).

Imo, any ill gotten gains should be stripped and tainted titles removed from the record books, and newco apply as a new club to the SFL like any new club (with no penalty for the sins of the old company).

The SPL has stated before that the newco application would face further punishments and they're using it as a negotiation tactic to allow Rangers back into the league or force through rule changes (e.g. the voting and ticket money structures). The newco in the 3rd division wouldn't face this extra punishment from what I can see from the reports today, though would face SFA punishment for the transfer ban saga.

Associate
There's a technical arguement to be had regarding the transfer ban. As it was the old co that got the ban, how does it apply to the newco if the sins of the old company, in theory, can't be punished by taking it out on the new company? Also if that is the case then surely they should be treated as any other newco coming into the league by coming in at the very bottom and working their way up.

I see pretty much all the SPL chairmen are very much hedging their bets with the newco vote. I wonder just how many of them WILL listen to the voices of their fans? They have been pretty vocal so far. Anyone would think they don't even LIKE Rangers for some reason?
I guess if they aren't in the SPL, the veto of the old firm will obviously be dead n buried. So from that point of view, it would be in Celtics interest to keep Rangers in the SPL (not that they will get to keep it after all this anyway.)

Soldato
There's a technical arguement to be had regarding the transfer ban. As it was the old co that got the ban, how does it apply to the newco if the sins of the old company, in theory, can't be punished by taking it out on the new company? Also if that is the case then surely they should be treated as any other newco coming into the league by coming in at the very bottom and working their way up.

I see pretty much all the SPL chairmen are very much hedging their bets with the newco vote. I wonder just how many of them WILL listen to the voices of their fans? They have been pretty vocal so far. Anyone would think they don't even LIKE Rangers for some reason?
I guess if they aren't in the SPL, the veto of the old firm will obviously be dead n buried. So from that point of view, it would be in Celtics interest to keep Rangers in the SPL (not that they will get to keep it after all this anyway.)

Actually if Rangers are voted back in then the 11-1 voting structure would remain unless Rangers voted against it. They have to get a vote of 11-1 to change that vote. Clever eh?? You have to wonder why these chairmen of the other clubs agreed to it in the first place. Oh yes they wanted the money.

I hope Rangers are using this as a bargaining tool to get back in however even if we dont I fully expect Celtic to be ****** over as whoever comes up will vote yes and Celtic will lose all their power. That will be an interesting vote. Especially if the 11 other club call a vote for shared gate receipts.

Last edited:
Soldato
Funny only place I read 6 million was in the papers with no quotes other than the usual "We believe". I'll wait to find the actualy outcome and I fully expect the amount not to be disclosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom