Ever have someone send you something without you even paying?

Associate
I once got sent 2x Sapphire Vapor-X 5870s instead of the one I'd ordered. Unfortunately, the retailer realised their mistake, but organising collection was going to be such hassle I just paid for the second one... :(

Oh, another one was with Tesco home delivery a few years ago. They added a box of Cornflakes that wasn't on my order. Didn't realise until after the guy has gone and didn't think it was worth raising it with them. Not as good as the 5 planes but certainly better than a kick in the teeth :)

Soldato
I once got sent 2x Sapphire Vapor-X 5870s instead of the one I'd ordered. Unfortunately, the retailer realised their mistake, but organising collection was going to be such hassle I just paid for the second one... :(

It's their fault, they should have the decency to offer you to keep it or pay for the shipping back...

Soldato
I've despatched stuff through Trust here before I've got the money, and I've had a couple of people do the same the other way. I'd never do it on Fleabay though. Actually I'd never use Fleabay.

M

This. Happy to do it on here as long as it's someone regular and with good trust. I wouldn't trust ebay with a 10ft pole though, whilst there are nice people on there it's far too easy to rip people off if someone was to get tempted, and Paypal and Ebay do **** all to prevent it or resolve it.

Soldato
I've despatched stuff through Trust here before I've got the money, and I've had a couple of people do the same the other way. I'd never do it on Fleabay though. Actually I'd never use Fleabay.

I've done the same on trust here - if they have no negatives and positives in double figures they can pay me whenever they like within reason.

Something to think about though is that on eBay you can have the money taken back off you anyway, so it may not even make much difference in many cases.

Associate
Received a couple of DVDs when I ran a website (did not have much traffic). One was a review copy and one was to give away, but gave both away in a competition. Actually cost me a tenner or so in the end as one of the winners lived in San Francisco!

Soldato
I've posted something that was worth £1000 without receiving payment first but was on a forum. Wouldn't even consider doing it on ebay.

Associate
Ordered a USB game pad from Hong Kong once and received two. Return postage was almost as much as it was worth though so they just told me to keep it.

Soldato
I ordered an exhaust which didn't come after a week. Called to complain and two turned up the next day. I called and advised them of what happened. They said they would arrange collection on four separate occasions which didn't happen. I just sold it on ebay in the end as I only lived in a flat and it was in the way.

Soldato
Got 9 500Gb laptop hdds when i ordered 5, came in a multi pack box and didn't open it for 2 weeks as i just bought to keep them in stock, contacted retailer who said they couldn't verify how much were sent out and to keep it.

Got 2 sets of logitech speakers when i ordered one, plus an Audigy 2 ZS when i ordered a Soundblaster Live 5.1 from the retailers Grade B section (not OCUK :p ). Contacted retailer, never got a reply, oh well.

Bought a 1tb hdd off the Bay, seller sent a message saying that it 'failed' tests and that they refunded me. It was a big used IT shop and obviously the communication between packer and tester was poor as i got the hdd next day with a big 'FAILED' sticker on it. Funnily its still in the clients laptop as i tested it with Seatools etc.. till i was blue in the face and SMART reported nothing amiss, not a single reallocated sector or anything.

Associate
If it was sent by a company youd have been covered by the sale of goods act - anything sent via post to you that you wernt expecting or hadnt agreed to buy is a gift and you don't have to return/ pay for it

Back
Top Bottom