New Samsung S23A700D 120Hz

Associate
I had the same problem. I bought a few cheapo cables from the bay and none of them would work at 120hz. So I bought the 3m version of this cable: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-003-SR
Everything works fine now and I have also been told the OcUK Value cable work fine also but I haven't tested those myself.

What I would really love to know is if anyone has bought any extra glasses 3D yet? I would love to buy an extra pair but Samsung are being extremely unhelpful sourcing a model number that definitely works with this monitor.

Associate
I had the same problem. I bought a few cheapo cables from the bay and none of them would work at 120hz. So I bought the 3m version of this cable: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-003-SR
Everything works fine now and I have also been told the OcUK Value cable work fine also but I haven't tested those myself.

What I would really love to know is if anyone has bought any extra glasses 3D yet? I would love to buy an extra pair but Samsung are being extremely unhelpful sourcing a model number that definitely works with this monitor.

I got an extra pair for mine and can confirm that they work fine.
When I got mine I searched for SSG-3150GB but they actually say SSG-3100GB. There are a few available on the auction site if you do a search for SSG-3100GB. I hope this info helps you.

Soldato
Do you think if I buy The standard SSG-3100GB glasses they will work? Only reason I ask is they don't have SyncMaster written on them.

I'm afraid they won't work. They are set to sync with Samsung's 3D TVs and are in-tune with the 60Hz refresh rate native to them. You can actually trick them into turning on by connecting them to a Samsung TV and then viewing the monitor with them when it is in a 3D operating mode. But the result is a flickering mess.

Associate
Damn! Looks like there might be a flaw with this monitor after all. The original glasses are like rocking horse poo (and bloody expensive!) and if you break the ones that came with the monitor your stuffed!

Associate
FINALY after my 1st 700D with terrible backlight bleed i got a 2nd 1. The 2nd 1 had 2 dead pixels and now today my 3rd 700. 0 dead/stuck pixels 0% backlight bleed even not the blueish on the bottom.
I can finaly say i am a very satisfied customer of this screen :) for 30 minutes \o/.

Soldato
FINALY after my 1st 700D with terrible backlight bleed i got a 2nd 1. The 2nd 1 had 2 dead pixels and now today my 3rd 700. 0 dead/stuck pixels 0% backlight bleed even not the blueish on the bottom.
I can finaly say i am a very satisfied customer of this screen :) for 30 minutes \o/.

It is good to hear that you finally got one you're happy with. Persistance does pay off sometimes! But if it really did have 0% backlight bleed then blacks would be like 0.01cd/m2 and you'd have infinite static contrast. Sounds like it's all nice and even on the blacks, to eye, which is good to hear. The glossy screen often helps make blacks appear even deeper as well. :)

Associate
Nvm what i said. Another 1 with dead pixels... wow amazing my luck 3th in a row

Edit: I`m at my 4th screen now as far as i can tell i dont see any dead pixels or bleeding lets just hope it stays this way.
To Merlin: Niceeeee!! It scared the **** out of my girl :)

Last edited:
Associate
Just ordered 2 of these :D. Should be here Friday. Can't wait to get some battlefield going on these and to replace my 3 year old LG LCD Monitor TV XD

2 Questions

If I have ordered 2 individual ones I presume they would come with 2 pairs of 3D Glasses? Would be handy to have a backup pair.

Also 1. Do they come with DVI cables that support 120Hz and also how long are the cables?.

Cheers

Associate
Just ordered 2 of these :D. Should be here Friday. Can't wait to get some battlefield going on these and to replace my 3 year old LG LCD Monitor TV XD

2 Questions

If I have ordered 2 individual ones I presume they would come with 2 pairs of 3D Glasses? Would be handy to have a backup pair.

Also 1. Do they come with DVI cables that support 120Hz and also how long are the cables?.

Cheers

I ordered this monitor a few months ago, it came with a 120hz cable. Glasses came with monitor (and batteries included!).
Brilliant monitor, the 120hz is noticable if you like games etc, very smooth.
Took PCM2's advice on this, superb

Associate
I ordered this monitor a few months ago, it came with a 120hz cable. Glasses came with monitor (and batteries included!).
Brilliant monitor, the 120hz is noticable if you like games etc, very smooth.
Took PCM2's advice on this, superb
Thanks very much for the info. Yes can't wait to get it. Plus just got Bioshock 1 and 2 in the sale Amazon.com is having at the moment to compete with the steam sales so I shall have some gaming to do beside the ordinary Battlefield ;). Going to be such a big step up for gaming from this monitor TV XD

Associate
Thanks very much for the info. Yes can't wait to get it. Plus just got Bioshock 1 and 2 in the sale Amazon.com is having at the moment to compete with the steam sales so I shall have some gaming to do beside the ordinary Battlefield ;). Going to be such a big step up for gaming from this monitor TV XD

Bioshock is one of those games you complete - and 4 years later think -- I have to go and re-visit.

Frustrating, but the music, voice acting, exploring - second to none. Brilliant

Back
Top Bottom