Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Associate
I just found out this thread after ordering a Hazro HZ30Wi e.

Should be delivered day 22.

After doing some reading, Im seriously considering returning the monitor using OCUK 14 day return policy. :(

Soldato
Hazro,

Are you able to supply just the display boards for HZ27WC model? I have one here with a blown EPROM (see here).

This would be greatly appreciated, if you would like to take the conversation off the boards, please let me know and I will supply you with a email address.

Thanks
Chris

Soldato
My HZ27WC doesn't work with the new Gigabyte UEFI BIOS. It's not an issue with a graphics card.

It's a shame, considering that it won't get a firmware fix because Hazro's after-sale service is pretty much non-existent.

I can only hope that Gigabyte will issue some compatibility fix, but it's probably wishful thinking.

Associate
I just found out this thread after ordering a Hazro HZ30Wi e.

Should be delivered day 22.

After doing some reading, Im seriously considering returning the monitor using OCUK 14 day return policy. :(

why? when you havnt even gotten it

I had a 30wie and was perfectly happy with it; nice screen and great picture.

a beast thou compared to my 27" catleap

Associate
why? when you havnt even gotten it

I had a 30wie and was perfectly happy with it; nice screen and great picture.

a beast thou compared to my 27" catleap

Its not about the monitor itself. Its about Hazro's policies. Judging from this thred, their respect for the consumer, "we" the ones who pay their incomes, its pretty close to zero. Its pretty obvious I think, from the reading I have done on this thread.

That said, I already have my hazro, and I wont be returning it. There's simply no other monitor on the market with the features I value ( input lag, or lack of it ). And if their policies dont change, the next time im on the market, hazro wont be my first choice.

Soldato
Appualing, absolutely appauling service from Hazro, I have sent 4 emails, 4!!! I received a response from the first one a week after I sent it. Which they even agreed the email had slipped through there net. I have had nothing since. Regardless of my chasing.

It is for a replacement board from the company. Last contact I had was asking for my name so they could setup a payment page. I am litterally throwing money at them and still nothing.

If anyone has a contact number that would be fantastic.

But please, DO NOT USE HAZRO for any type of support, they just don't seem to care about their customers.

Associate
has anyone had a hp lp2475w and moved to a hazro? I do a lot of photo retouching but im also on a budget. My hp has developed a stain/shadow that gets etched in after being on for a short while, not there when I turn it on. the stain is growing so will need a new monitor soon

Associate
has anyone had a hp lp2475w and moved to a hazro? I do a lot of photo retouching but im also on a budget. My hp has developed a stain/shadow that gets etched in after being on for a short while, not there when I turn it on. the stain is growing so will need a new monitor soon

I went from a HP ZR24W to a Hazro 30" display. It is a wide gamut display, so needed setting up, after calibration, I find it to be excellent for photo work.

Chris

mob

mob

Associate
My HZ27WC doesn't work with the new Gigabyte UEFI BIOS. It's not an issue with a graphics card.

It's a shame, considering that it won't get a firmware fix because Hazro's after-sale service is pretty much non-existent.

I can only hope that Gigabyte will issue some compatibility fix, but it's probably wishful thinking.

Didn't think the BIOS had anything to do with signal from the graphics card to the monitor - might affect the GPU perhaps but the monitor??? Hmmm.

Anyway I have Gigabyte Z77 D3H with a UEFI BIOS and my HZ27WC works fine. It worked with both the original BIOS (version F8) and the latest version F14.

The monitor also worked surprisingly well on a 5 year old MSI AM2 board with a lowly £20 Asus HD4350 GPU (well Youtube vids weren't perfect)

So far I've extremely impressed with this monitor. Amazing image quality. Wouldn't want to go back to a TN screen.

One thought, is both your DVI cable and GPU socket dual link DVI? If not it won't work.

Soldato
Didn't think the BIOS had anything to do with signal from the graphics card to the monitor - might affect the GPU perhaps but the monitor??? Hmmm.

Anyway I have Gigabyte Z77 D3H with a UEFI BIOS and my HZ27WC works fine. It worked with both the original BIOS (version F8) and the latest version F14.

The monitor also worked surprisingly well on a 5 year old MSI AM2 board with a lowly £20 Asus HD4350 GPU (well Youtube vids weren't perfect)

So far I've extremely impressed with this monitor. Amazing image quality. Wouldn't want to go back to a TN screen.

One thought, is both your DVI cable and GPU socket dual link DVI? If not it won't work.

It's a Z68 board with an unofficial UEFI BIOS, I think it has something to do with unsupported resolution of that BIOS, once you log in to Windows, everything works fine. It was similar with one R5850 card I had paired with a P55 motherboard with AWARD BIOS. You'll see a number of reports on it here and on other forums.

I rolled back to AWARD BIOS for now anyway.

I've had this monitor since its release in the UK, it has served me well so far, although there are a few flaws that I've learnt to live with.

Soldato
My 2 ywar old Hazro has managed to get some kind of Burn in effect, Middel portion of the lcd has a dull brown tinge vs the other edges.

Horrible when looking at a white word document!

Would they replace it?

Associate
Another Hazro glass fail here ..

Thankfully it didn't shatter, Snapped off a grainy camera phone shot as my mate just didn't understand or believe me when i said the glass fell of my monitor and it was held on with double sided tape !. Thought i'd share it here.

hazroglass.jpg

It's now back on there with some twine looping around the monitor holding it in place ;)
~John

WKN

WKN

Permabanned

Thankfully it didn't shatter, Snapped off a grainy camera phone shot as my mate just didn't understand or believe me when i said the glass fell of my monitor and it was held on with double sided tape !. Thought i'd share it here.

It's now back on there with some twine looping around the monitor holding it in place ;)
~John

Is that the WC model?

Associate

hazroglass.jpg

~John
You contacting Hazro about that?

Soldato
Happy to say that my monitor (27WC) bought in December is still perfectly fine *touches wood

Not so happy that I still can't see BIOS (ATI 5770), plus faint whine when on full screen internet browser can get quite annoying

Back
Top Bottom