Riots in Tottenham, London! (NO RACIST COMMENTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Out of morbid curiosity - does the colour matter? It may well be a superficial detail, of potential use for identification to the police but that's about it - if I get mugged by someone then I'm really not concerned about their skin colour, their background, their socio-economic status, their religious views or anything much else, their defining feature for me is that they are a criminal who has just mugged me but I wouldn't presume that similarities in appearance between them and anyone else tells me anything about whether people who look like that are also likely to commit a crime against me.

Indeed it does not matter, I just find it hilarious how so many people jump on the fact you mention ethnicity these days. OMG YOU SAID BLACK. Yeah...They were black!!

I actually seem to think you are more likely to describe someones skin colour if its different to your own. I believe a black person for instance is more likely to describe a group of all whites as exactly that.

Its not really prejudice, just a strange way we separate groups in general chatter

Permabanned
Indeed it does not matter, I just find it hilarious how so many people jump on the fact you mention ethnicity these days. OMG YOU SAID BLACK. Yeah...They were black!!

I actually seem to think you are more likely to describe someones skin colour if its different to your own. I believe a black person for instance is more likely to describe a group of all whites as exactly that.

Its not really prejudice, just a strange way we separate groups in general chatter

It becomes racist when you ascribe that behaviour to the fact that they are black as some posters have done or alluded to in this thread. As a matter of identification saying you were mugged by a man who was black is not racist.....however saying you were mugged by a man because he was black is.....

The Police will actually ask you the colour of an assailant as a matter of course along with any number of identifying factors......Someone tried to steal my sons bike as he riding home from school last month, whn we reported it he gave a description of the person and the interviewing officer asked whether the person was white, for example.

Last edited:
Permabanned
So you agree the Police are at fault.

Well yeah but when you have people out to do anything to commit crime and murder and not get caught, things go wrong, its not like he was an innocent person, the black community support these criminals, they hide them, hide guns, it could be stopped ove night if everyone in the black community shopped them in, its like some sort of brotherhood, dont involve the police just shoot or stab each other instead.

Permabanned
Well yeah but when you have people out to do anything to commit crime and murder and not get caught, things go wrong, its not like he was an innocent person, the black community support these criminals, they hide them, hide guns, it could be stopped ove night if everyone in the black community shopped them in, its like some sort of brotherhood, dont involve the police just shoot or stab each other instead.

That is also true of many, if not all Estates, where the gangs, whatever etnicity they are, are accepted instead of reported.....partially this is through fear of retribution and partially through mistrust of the Police or their ability to effectively combat the problem.

It is not unique to the so called 'black community' whatever that is.

Permabanned

Plenty of white people but stuff off the back of a lorry.

Caporegime
hey we all know you're the budget model, Gaidin fills out the mid range, but if you want the enthusiast level snob it's got to be Dolph.

Permabanned
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-18901922

Eight men have been found not guilty of the murder of three men during last summer's riots in Birmingham.

Haroon Jahan, 20, and brothers Shazad Ali, 30, and Abdul Musavir, 31, died on 10 August after being hit by a car on Dudley Road in Winson Green.

All eight defendants denied they planned to kill the men in a co-ordinated attack using three cars and said the deaths were an accident.

Judge Mr Justice Flaux appealed for calm on the streets of Birmingham.

The victims were part of a group of about 80 men who said they had gathered on Dudley Road late on 9 August to defend local businesses after riots started in the Handsworth area.

The three friends were injured at about 01:00 BST on 10 August and died later at the nearby City Hospital.

Hours after the deaths, Mr Jahan's father Tariq made an emotional appeal asking people not to seek reprisal.

Another high profile case delivering its verdict today.

Soldato
I can see why they may have struggled to prosecute them, so a not guilty verdict for planned murder, but surely it was more than an 'accident' given the trouble going on.

Anyone know what the deal is with the BBC having a documentary on the riots banned? I saw a news article about it on some foreign news channel while I was in the gym. The government isn't allowing them to show it and they intend to challenge them in court over it. I wonder whether its due to showing the country up just before the Olympics?

Soldato
I wonder whether its due to showing the country up just before the Olympics?

I believe so. I also believe someone from Whitehall urged the BBC to downplay events during the early stages of the riots. There was absolutely no reporting from the BBC on the first night. We had to rely on social media and some random London radio station for news. They aren't that inept.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Let's just hope that there isn't a 2012 revival.

well if it stays wet and generally coolish i cant see it happening again. but if we get a couple of weeks of high temps again i wouldn't be surprised if a few idiots tried to start something. especially if its during the olympics with the security issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom