Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Associate
Not so happy that I still can't see BIOS (ATI 5770), plus faint whine when on full screen internet browser can get quite annoying
Mine also whined but only on certain web sites. The OcUK site was particularly noisy. On a positive note, it stopped whining after 3 weeks and was completely silent. On a negative note, it also stopped displaying a picture after 3 weeks :(

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
Another Hazro glass fail here ..

Thankfully it didn't shatter, Snapped off a grainy camera phone shot as my mate just didn't understand or believe me when i said the glass fell of my monitor and it was held on with double sided tape !. Thought i'd share it here.

hazroglass.jpg

It's now back on there with some twine looping around the monitor holding it in place ;)
~John

Contact OcUK, and ask for a refund, same thing happened to me a couple of months back (monitor was about 7 months old at the time).

It only seems to be happening to the glass Hazro monitors, which they no longer produce. Hardly surprising though, they stick them on with tape, couldn't believe it when I saw it myself.

Associate
Didn't think the BIOS had anything to do with signal from the graphics card to the monitor - might affect the GPU perhaps but the monitor??? Hmmm.

Anyway I have Gigabyte Z77 D3H with a UEFI BIOS and my HZ27WC works fine. It worked with both the original BIOS (version F8) and the latest version F14.

My BIOS isn't showing on F9 or F10 and there aren't any more BIOS's for the Z77X. I don't won't to keep plugging in the backup monitor.
It's definitely the motherboard because the HZ27WC worked fine with a S1156 Gigabyte BIOS with the same HD7950 graphics card.

HELP

Associate
Those who've sent a glass temptered monitor via courier, how much did it cost?
I have the WD Hazro, and to be honest, I rarely ever use it's extra features so I've been contemplating selling it and getting a Catleap instead....

Associate
Hi all.. HZ27WC user from the US here. I'm wondering if Hazro still follow up on this board because my front glass has become unglued on the left side and I have been trying to get them to respond to my request for service since MARCH! They offered to replace it with a non-glass front one but ceased all communication after that!

Anyone with tips on how to get these guys to honor their warranty would be much appreciated!

Associate
Panel grading literally means nothing.

There's Dells and Apples, HPs, etc that have all kinds of backlight bleeding, tinting problems, dead and stuck pixels, etc.

The only benefit of an A+ panel over an A- (that the korean monitors use) is the A+ may calibrate closer to 6500k than the A-. Unless you're a professional colour artist (in which case you should have a NEC instead) you won't need to bother.

Don't get so hooked up on the panel grading.

Not saying I don't believe this - in fact it sounds very believable, but can I just ask where you heard this/how you know this?

Thks

Associate
My glass also fell off 2 days ago after 11 months of used with no problem, but unfortunately it cracked. (HZ27WD)
I have emailed ocUK and they advised me to contact Hazro which I did. Judging from the previous forum members experience from HAZRO support services I can only hope they will reply before the warranty runs out.
I have now stick it back on and was wondering whether I can remove it completely and use it without the glass front. I read on the HAZRO manual warning not to touch the LED screen if the glass is broken.
Any advise from forum members would be very much appreciated

Associate
i thought hazro's had a two or three year warranty? If so, should be ok.

I wouldn't try to fix this yourself, just keep using it and don't touch it much, and keep trying to contact hazro until you get an answer.

Associate
I have to say I was a little worried when ordering my 27WC after seeing this 104 page thread but I'm pleased to say mine arrived on Saturday and is fine - they're clearly not all bad.

No dead pixels as far as I can tell, no whine, current WC models don't have any glass to fall off - cover is plastic as far as I can tell. I don't do photo work but imho the picture is excellent - as good as the ageing U2407WFP I've replaced colour-wise with a 'cleaner' looking image.

I will, however, be holding on to that invoice!!

Last edited:
Associate
I just got a DOA Hazro HZ30Wie (blue light comes on to indicate it's getting a signal and so does the backlight but the screen still remains black) but the sad thing is I have had the monitor since April and only just unboxed it yesterday :o (this was due to house refurb work going on a lot longer than expected)

My question is to anyone who has dealt with their customer support - what kind of time frame should I be expecting a response to my emails and what sort of time frame should I expect to get a replacement?

Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom