John Wilson Go Fishing series

Soldato
I dont know if any of you remember but there was a series called go fishing which was hosted by john wilson

It was aired on anglia television

Does anyone know if there is a dvd box set of the complete series that i can purchase anywhere?

Ive done a bit of rersearch but cant find anything :(

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance

:)

Caporegime
If you love those old relaxing fishing programs. Those a million miles away from the rabid sensationalism of Robson Green and the like, then you really should treat yourself to this. http://www.passionforangling.info/order.html

Another marvellous program. So relaxing and nice to watch. Its odd in the fact that you actually send your payment to the fellow who made the show.

Last edited:
Associate
i use to watch this a few years ago when i got in from work at about 5-6am, im trying to remember what channel it was on, i think it was one of the discovery channels.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
I was lucky enough to fish Redmire for a week this July and it has not lost any of its magic since APFA was filmed.

I only caught one fish all week (my own fault really as I was using traditional tackle and tactics, no fishing at night and so on not that I am using that as an excuse mind! LOL) and while it wasn’t the biggest fish ever (16lbs 9) it was the most special!

Redmire common, 16lbs 9 by Psycho_Hamster, on Flickr

Think the smile on my face says it all! :)

Here she is going back.

SAM_0076 by Psycho_Hamster, on Flickr

Last edited:
Associate
I was lucky enough to fish Redmire for a week this July and it has not lost any of its magic since APFA was filmed.

I've just had a nose through your gallery - that looked amazing. I'd love to have a week at Redmire, what a fantastic experience!

Never mind about the size, any capture from there is special - however on vintage tackle as well is superb... a great way to fish the pond.

I really am envious!

Associate
Have a look for "catching the impossible" the passion these two guys display is inspiring.

Going for a look round a new syndicate this Thursday all being weel will be my new venue for the next 12 months.

Man of Honour
I used to love that john wilson series. The way he always chortled like a madman whilst landing the fish. Especially if it was a big one (ooh er missus). I think it was one of the episodes with the Nile perch or a Lemon shark he caught where he was most mental.

A passion for angling WAS a lot better though. Chris Yates & Bob James at Redmire pond vs monster carp was my favourite episode. In fact I think I'll order it, even though I can't stand fishing, myself.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
I've just had a nose through your gallery - that looked amazing. I'd love to have a week at Redmire, what a fantastic experience!

Never mind about the size, any capture from there is special - however on vintage tackle as well is superb... a great way to fish the pond.

I really am envious!

It really was a special time, I hope I can return one day and maybe catch another carp or two. :)

Associate
Used to watch Go Fishing with my Dad when I was a kid.

Dad was a fairly prolific match angler, but he has now moved on to Carp fishing. I haven't picked up a rod for 15 years!

Caporegime
sure some online retailer may have it :(

avid angler myself haven't been for a few years but had some decent fish from numerous places.

love to go to redmire how much ass did you have to kiss to get on there :p or was it a friend of a friend sorta thing :D

i used to fish a carp pong near me which is pretty over grown great seeing them in summer not over fished some very big fish in there now well over 40 s probably 50s

Associate
love to go to redmire how much ass did you have to kiss to get on there :p or was it a friend of a friend sorta thing :D

no ass kissing needed. £120 for a weekend, £290 for a week in summer. If you can get a booking. Had a friend who spent a week fishing there in the mid 90's. He managed to land raspberry, very very old fish. About 70 years old when it died. He best fishing moment.

Back
Top Bottom