Ramadan Mubarak

Permabanned
Why not question what you are being told instead of following it blindly?

You don't have to do anything. :)

He is 12. I am sure as he gets older and more informed, both abput his own faith and the alternatives then he will begin to question his beliefs and the justifications behind them, he may decide they still fit in with his worldview, or he may find another interpretation or school of Islam that suits him better...he may find that another relogion or no relogion suits him...

But at only 12, he is still forming those opinion and the very fact that he comes onto and contributes to a forum as diverse as this will only make his education that much broader.

Soldato
I've already answered that, try reading back up a bit. :rolleyes:

Why, doesnt take away from the comedy that was your reply.

Who are you, Derrren Brown? I was unaware you were able to read minds.

It doesnt take mind reader to know your anti religion viewpoint considering you bang on about it all the time :rolleyes: Plus considering what youve posted in this thread its pretty obvious what your intentions are, heck even a12 year old has you figured :o

Damn it, you got me, I'm losing sleep over this thread being open. Tomorrow I'm going to book an appointment with a councillor about it.

If i remember correctly it was you who was asking a mod to close the thread! Funny enough you lambasting others about being wannabe mods yet doing thesame yourself. So yes i think you should seek councilling regarding your irrational hate towards religion, proven by the fact you cant stay away from the thread, posting garbage.

Man of Honour
Why? They are my beliefs, what kind of religion do you follow?

None. Though I am technically a Christian I think... :p

He is 12. I am sure as he gets older and more informed, both abput his own faith and the alternatives then he will begin to question his beliefs and the justifications behind them, he may decide they still fit in with his worldview, or he may find another interpretation or school of Islam that suits him better...he may find that another relogion or no relogion suits him...

But at only 12, he is still forming those opinion and the very fact that he comes onto and contributes to a forum as diverse as this will only make his education that much broader.

That's quite true, there's always hope for him yet. I'm not saying he should abandon his religion, but you should always question everything where possible!

Permabanned
I want to follow my religion, will never change, from a pure Muslim origin (Afghan) but I was not born there, and I was born here. I will never question my religion :)

You should always question your beliefs and the justifications for those beliefs...on a personal level it will help you toward a better understanding of yourself, your chosen religion and the world around you.

Islam should not be teaching you to never question, quite the contrary.

Soldato
You should always question your beliefs and the justifications for those beliefs...on a personal level it will help you toward a better understanding of yourself, your chosen religion and the world around you.

Islam should not be teaching you to never question, quite the contrary.

I question things, but I would not think, 'hmm, I wonder if Allah is not real.'
I would never think that, in 20 years lets see if I am still a Muslim :)

Soldato
I want to follow my religion, will never change, from a pure Muslim origin (Afghan) but I was not born there, and I was born here. I will never question my religion :)

But you would you not question your religion? I'm not trying to bait you or anything, but surely it's important to question your religion. You might find you end up doing it naturally as you realise some things don't match up etc...

Soldato
But you would you not question your religion? I'm not trying to bait you or anything, but surely it's important to question your religion. You might find you end up doing it naturally as you realise some things don't match up etc...

I understand, but I don't really see a point in questioning my religion, or how I exist in this world, I am lucky to be alive

Permabanned
I question things, but I would not think, 'hmm, I wonder if Allah is not real.'
I would never think that, in 20 years lets see if I am still a Muslim :)

I expect you ask that question to yourself at some point, everyone questions their faith, I would be surprised if some of our more learned Muslim compatriots such as e36adz had not questioned their faith at some point, if not more than once.

I am agnostic and I question my beliefs and philosophical positions all the time, it is how I learn and grow, both spiritually and temporally.

I am sure when your studies gain substance and depth as you get older and as you begin to understand more complex theologies within your chosen religion you will also question more....remember, asking questions about yourself and your strength of faith is not questioning God, it is about developing and realising your own place in the world and your own sense of self....and for someone of faith that is essential to your personal relationship with your God.

Last edited:
Soldato
I expect you ask that question to yourself at some point, everyone questions their faith, I would be surprised if some of our more learned Muslim compatriots such as e36adz had not questioned their faith at some point, if not more than once.

I am agnostic and I question my beliefs and philosphers all the time, it is how I learn and grow, both spiritually and temporally.

Well we can ask him/ her

Soldato
Dunno, wait till someone with more experience than me comes along :)
I think that it is because it makes the chicken/ goat etc not really a sacrifice to Allah, since you won't be slaughtering it in the way Muslims did it before the electricity method was invented

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhabihah

Also see Halal to get to Dhabihah

I think the reason why there is still some debate on 'stunning' before slaughter being acceptable comes from
"Forbidden for you are carrion, and blood, and flesh of swine, and that which has been slaughtered while proclaiming the name of any other than God, and one killed by strangling, and one killed with blunt weapons, and one which died by falling, and that which was gored by the horns of some animal, and one eaten by a wild beast, except those whom you slaughter; and that which is slaughtered at the altar and that which is distributed by the throwing of arrows [for an omen]; this is an act of sin"

Some more reading for you.

http://www.organic-halal-meat.com/article/stunning.php

Over 90% of Halal prepared livestock is slaughtered using stunning, just as it is in regular slaughterhouses....given the requirements of Halal with the raising of livestock, it is fair to say that Halal raised livestock have superior conditions during their life than other forms of raising livestock, particularly intensive or battery raised animals.

Is Halal in this country more likely to mean that animal has suffered less?

Soldato
I understand, but I don't really see a point in questioning my religion, or how I exist in this world, I am lucky to be alive

I think "questioning" is the wrong term to use maybe, in the sense you are interpreting it. But researching your faith is a part of Islam and is something every Muslim should do.

But given your age the best source is your parents, once of age do it your self fromthe source.

Permabanned
This thread sure took a different avenue.

What do Muslims think of Christians, can we really live side by side? I just cant see it happening myself, both have ways of life that cant integrate.

Soldato
whoa, this thread has gone off topic lol.

What do Muslims think of Christians, can we really live side by side? I just cant see it happening myself, both have ways of life that cant integrate.

Yes we can. I talk to them every day on a daily basis, a few of them are my closest friends. You forget Islam and Christianity have a lot of common fundamentals including the 10 commandments. We may worship God differently but I tend to see them as brothers. Its just the minority extremists who think we cant.

Last edited:
Associate
This thread sure took a different avenue.

You could say it took it's natural course really.
It went from fasting to talk of food to the killing of food with a bit of why, who and how....?

Edit: The bolded is certainly a different avenue though...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom