Just a boring old Mondeo

Soldato
OP
What engine is in it? (I know its 2.5T but is it the Volvo unit)

Very nice looking car for a Mundano

It's the Volvo unit, the same one found in the Focus ST.

lovely looking car, and rather brisk too 7 seconds to 60 and 220 bhp iirc?

Yup. 216BHP with a rated 0-60 in 7.3secs, same as the old Mondeo ST!

I too have recently bought a 2008 2.5T Titanium X and like you, I love it (despite it being a humble Mondeo).

Mine's silver but doesn't look as nice as yours as it doesn't have the sport trim so the rear bumper is slightly different hiding the exhausts and I don't have that fancy red trim either which makes me sad!

I've never really bettered 25mpg but then again, I've never really tried that hard as it's quite addictive putting your foot down and letting the turbo kick in! (Childish, I know).

As for the blanking plate in the grille, mine doesn't have one but I don't have Adaptive Cruise Control either. (At least I don't think I do!).

Adam

Awesome! They look very good in Silver but yeah the small trim differences seems to set the TXS apart. Frankly, some of the extras I got in this car I didn't even realise it had, like ACC, sunroof, hill assist... so it made the purchase worth it even more!

Associate
I like it, looks smart, i've been tempted to get a Mondeo myself of late either one of these or a ST220, i need to sort a few niggles on my current car, and then i'm going to give it some serious thought.

At the moment, my curent steed, needs replacement rear lights, has a footwell full of water and is in need of some door work, which all add's to a mood of feeling maybe it's time to sell it, but if i can get these sorted with a bit of DIY'ing (working on lights at mo) i might feel different once all these little things are sorted

Permabanned
Yup. 216BHP with a rated 0-60 in 7.3secs, same as the old Mondeo ST!

The old Mondeo ST did it in about 8.6s - as it used the 2.2l Duratorq TDCi engine.

The Mk3 Mondeo ST220, especially from '05 onwards (the mid facelift) made quite a bit more power than 223bhp and if I remember right Autocar tested theirs at bang on 6.5s to 60, Evo had theirs at 6.6s I think.

Put it this way, as much as my my good mate in his 350z hates it, there's little to choose between his car and my ST220 :D

Soldato
OP
The old Mondeo ST did it in about 8.6s - as it used the 2.2l Duratorq TDCi engine.

The Mk3 Mondeo ST220, especially from '05 onwards (the mid facelift) made quite a bit more power than 223bhp and if I remember right Autocar tested theirs at bang on 6.5s to 60, Evo had theirs at 6.6s I think.

Put it this way, as much as my my good mate in his 350z hates it, there's little to choose between his car and my ST220 :D

I meant the ST220 :p. I don't really consider the diesel a proper ST hehe. But yeah, I'm just going by rated specs. I've read that quite a few develop nearer 240bhp rather than 220. Saying that, a bluefin chip down the line isn't out of the question for the TXS :).

Associate
Thanks for all the pics and mini review dude. Just trying to decide myself (over in this thread: Here. So very relevant to me. I love the interior, more so than the 5 series to be honest! How's it FEEL on the inside... solid?

Soldato
OP
The inside is a great place to be in. I've never been in a more recent BMW so can't really compare but it's solidly built and feels very well put together. The main advantage of the Mondeo is that you will get a newer, much better spec'ed version for the amount you're willing to spend. With 16k, you might even be able to get the facelifted Titanium X Sport which only came out last year and that had some nice improvements done to the centre console.

What won me over though was the Convers+ system which displays all the info you want on a small screen in front of you without you having to look at the main screen to the side.

Back
Top Bottom