Cheap 5.1 sound system

Soldato
Also keep an eye out on the bay for the Aego P5 system. I have been using The Aego M 2.1 for my PC sound for years. The P5 is just a 5.1 version of the system with a better sub (although it looks the same pretty much) and a box that handles all the processing.

Cost a few quid in its day, is discreet and sounds great for what it is. I picked up a brand new set off the bay (sat in storage for years, never used) for £85. Ive got it in the games room.

Man of Honour
yea i saw the Yamaha and the logitech, i guess that is the best im gonna get :) cheers guys.

The Yamaha kit is much better than you are giving it credit for. For a start you're getting something brand new with a warranty. You won't have to waste time and effort trawling the classifieds looking for something secondhand, then travelling or arranging couriers, or worrying about if the condition matches the description or the gear has been thrashed.

Then look at what you actually get: A proper AV amp with DD, DTS, DPL II, 240ms of lip sync delay adjustment, 2x optical- 2x coax- and 2x analogue inputs, plus 3D-capable HDMI with standby pass-thru. A year ago that feature list would have cost you £300 on the amp alone! You couldn't beat that with a like-for-like secondhand because the feature list is bang up-to-date. Nor will you get those features on any PC speaker kit for anywhere near that amount of money new or used. It's up to you, but this kit is silly cheap for the spec.

Back
Top Bottom