outlook.com webmail launched...

Associate
Haha i am a ****, i cant get signed up because i cannot type in the letters to prove i am not a robot! At least 20 wrong in a row!
Anyone else having a problem?

Associate
Anyone find they have all their live messenger contacts offline now after changing from hotmail to outlook.com? Seems I might need to re add all my contacts under the new address, bit annoying...

Man of Honour
Haha i am a ****, i cant get signed up because i cannot type in the letters to prove i am not a robot! At least 20 wrong in a row!
Anyone else having a problem?

Wrong once, it might be case sensitive.

Love the look and feel, off it some great features as well. Like the news/subscription email options.

Associate
Anyone know what the pop settings for incoming mail is for outlook.com?

I have tried pop3.live.com but Outlook 2010 is having none of it.

Just realised Vimes had the answer already. Just had to change the port number to 995.

Last edited:
Soldato
So its free, we just have to set up new @outlook.com email addresses?

Confused about this. I already have a hotmail address. It gives me options to convert it to an outlook address? But what happens if someone emails to the old hotmail address?

Last edited:
Soldato
So its free, we just have to set up new @outlook.com email addresses?

Confused about this. I already have a hotmail address. It gives me options to convert it to an outlook address? But what happens if someone emails to the old hotmail address?

People can still email the hotmail and you can have them going straight into to a folder, or have then straight into your inbox.

Tried it last night it works fine.

Associate
I made a bit of a balls up. My phone just wouldn't accept the settings for @outlook.com so I went to revert back but apparently you have to wait 6 months before you can do this. So I'm now using an @hotmail.co.uk address. I can still receive email to both outlook and the hotmail.com addresses in the same inbox and send from all three it's only really effected the login.

Soldato
OP
Anyone know what the pop settings for incoming mail is for outlook.com?

I have tried pop3.live.com but Outlook 2010 is having none of it.

Just realised Vimes had the answer already. Just had to change the port number to 995.
Although the better option is to set the account type in your mail client to "Exchange" as it uses activesync which is generally better than pop

Soldato
Hmm swapped over to the new outlook.com email address.

However, I think I have found an issue. I have the hotmail app on my andriod phone.

I tried sending a test email to the outlook address but it wasnt delivered to the hotmail app on my phone....

Seems I have created a problem now, where by if I start sending emails from @outlook.com I will not be recieiving the replies on my phone....

Back
Top Bottom