Long Haul flights with babies.......

Caporegime
As said everybody will hate you.

Luckily for my mate on a flight to Australia when a couple sat down next to him with a baby and he thought "oh no", the flight attendant came over and asked if he would mind moving into business class to give the couple more room with their baby.

Associate
Planes and babies, always a good one...

Ours was no drama,but it was a short flight, Grab a window seat, and have entertainment handy. Generally they give you the more leg room seats as well. when we flew to Munich we were upgraded to club as she was 'so cute'...

Dont worry if they cry, you have as much right to be there as anyone on the flight, However we did not have any issues with anybody, just a few sympathetic looks. However, she only cried for about 10 mins during the 3Hr flight.

Soldato
I'm really in favor of a glass partitioned area for people with kids. Hate when you're just settled in for the flight and the little gremlins started squawking and blaring while stupid ignorant parents just sit there with dumb expressions looking at the thing. At least throttle it or something :p

Saying that, bar a few times, I've always had good experiences on flights when sat next to parent and their babies. And for some mysterious reasons I'm always sat next to parents and babies. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Airlines should introduce "quiet sections" of a plane where no babies are allowed. If babies bother people that much they can pay more to sit there.

It's a bit unrealistic to expect parents to leave their kids at home / not take them on holidays because it may disturb others.

Soldato
Its my worst nightmare when I get a kid/baby screaming on the flight. Luckily noise councilling headphones do the trick.

(Serves no purpose just some comedy value)

Soldato
In my opinion, airliners should be required by law to be built with a chute/airlock type setup so that the howling banshees that are most babies on flights can be jettisoned. I had one across the aisle from me screaming at the top of it's lungs for pretty much the entire 13.5 hours it took to get from Amsterdam to Singapore. :mad:

Associate
I took my at the time 1 year old on a flight for about 5 hours not exactly the same but she was fine overall.
Big difference between 6 months and 12 though and I the distance - :p

Associate
1) if you are formula feeding call boots airside to order in what you need for the flight. Order 50% extra that you'll need for the flight to factor in delays
2) if you have a stop over invest in a baby carrier
3) spare clothes for the fight for you and baby. Airplane loos are small, babies are wiggly, potential for poo and wee everywhere
4) feed during take off and landing - helps ears pop
5) new toys and favourites should distract them
6) try and get bassinet and bulkhead seats. Bulkhead seats have extra floor space so baby can play on floor. Bassinet can double up as changing table
7) aircrew normally love babies as their nicer than most passengers on flight. They will try and help.

Soldato
Make sure you get a decent baby cage and sedate it pre flight.

I am so sick of these motherflipping kids on this motherflipping plane!
It should be film.

But seriously, more than anything parents usually commadeer the extra leg room seats, I'm 6'6", so yeah, flying sucks.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm no expert but maybe chose the front or back of the plane? Thus is the child cries, it will only potentially annoy half the passengers.

As for people bleating: get over it. It's not the end of the world.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
We had a flight to the US with a couple infront of us who had a baby with them.

Thing was good as gold the whole flight, never made a sound and just seemed like it was having fun which was a nice surprise as when we first saw it we thought we were in for a noisy one.

Soldato
Encase your baby in carbonite. It should be quite well protected. If it survived the freezing process that is.

Then you can have it put in the cargo hold with your luggage :)

ntg

ntg

Associate
Send it with a separate flight (pay for someone's ticket to bring it). That way you, and all the other passengers on your plane, will have a lovely flight.

Soldato
It depends on the baby. Some parents don't seem to bE able to control their children, have them crying all the time etc.
Our 2.5yr old daughter has flown a fair bit. 2*india, once to Pisa and a couple of internal flights to Newcastle. She first flew to India when she was about 8months old, and didn't cause any problems, no crying, or being sick. It is probably a bit harder now she is older, and is not keen to stay in her seat for hours.

Permabanned
Don't bring him on that flight, I'm sick to death of babies crying on a 7 hour flight.

No one can relex, no one can sleep. Its so annoying

People spend A LOT of money on flights and theirs nothing worse than a screaming baby on board.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom