Euromillions

Soldato
Yeah because you can buy yourself out of laws... Next you'll create a new weapon that doesn't come under any class and murder someone with it so you can get away with it?

The Pirate Bay restriction isn't a law. The black box recording would be but as you'd be in control of your own data it would be next to pointless.

I'm starting to wonder if estebanrey is a troll or just downright stupid.

Ironic coming from someone who doesn't know the difference between a court order and a law :D

One

One

Soldato
Would it be possible to set up your own ISP with yourself as the only customer (thereby by-passing silly court rulings on Pirate Bay blocking and that proposed black box system the Government want to impose on ISPs)?

You do realise you'd have no excuse but to buy your media from then on...

Permabanned
The Pirate Bay restriction isn't a law. The black box recording would be but as you'd be in control of your own data it would be next to pointless.

Ironic coming from someone who doesn't know the difference between a court order and a law :D

So not knowing the difference between the two makes me a troll? That makes you look stupid for not knowing what a troll is. If you made an ISP then it would still have to conform to the court order which will soon have all ISP's blocking pirate bay.

Also I'm sure that court order falls under COPYRIGHT LAW.

Last edited:
Soldato
So not knowing the difference between the two makes me a troll?

I never called you a troll :confused:

That makes you look stupid for not knowing what a troll is. If you made an ISP then it would still have to conform to the court order which will soon have all ISP's blocking pirate bay.

No what's stupid is you calling a court order which only applies to the big 5 ISPs 'a law'.

And yes the TPB court order doesn't apply to all ISPs, it only applies to the big ones. If you actually knew the history behind it you'd know that they tried to change the law but they couldn't get it through which is why they were forced to go for court orders instead.

So check your facts before you get on telling people they're 'stupid' when you don't even know what you're talking about.

Also I'm sure that court order falls under COPYRIGHT LAW.

No it doesn't.

But to clear up any confusion, my question (which no one has answered) isn't to do with using TPB or not having my internet activity recorded, it would be to protect myself from future bull**** laws which I believe we'll see that slowly start to come in.

Permabanned
But to clear up any confusion, my question (which no one has answered) isn't to do with using TPB or not having my internet activity recorded, it would be to protect myself from future bull**** laws which I believe we'll see that slowly start to come in.

And as I said earlier you can't buy yourself out of laws...

Permabanned
Obviously you've never heard of Nick Freeman.

You clearly don't understand what I mean so I don't think your input on this subject is any longer needed.

I understand perfectly what you're saying. Your gonna spend a fortune setting up your own ISP to try and avoid certain laws. Your ISP would fall into the same regulations as all the others.

One

One

Soldato
I understand perfectly what you're saying. Your gonna spend a fortune setting up your own ISP to try and avoid certain laws. Your ISP would fall into the same regulations as all the others.

He could get a cable laid down all the way from a lawless (or less restricted) country, sort of like tuning in to a pirate radio station in the old days.

Soldato

No you don't.

I would set up my own ISP (how much that would cost I dunno know but it would only be for me and not have an office or customer service dept etc) to protect myself from court orders that will only be ever taken out against the big ISPs, like, but not specifically, the court orders on Sky, Everything Everywhere, TalkTalk, O2 and Virgin Media and now BT saying they must block certain sites.

There is nothing illegal about any ISP not named above not blocking TPB for example because as I keep having to tell you it's not a 'law'. Then any new laws that are brought in would be irrelevant as I'd be my the person monitoring me not some corporation.

Other advantages would be dedicated fibre line, no download limits ever, no changes to my service or prices, potentially no 'contention ratio' etc etc.

Remember this is a fantasy hypothetical if I had £120 million, not something I'm planning to do next week. It would a principle thing so there's no point trying to monetise reasons why I'd be stupid to do it.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Why would you need staff for a big house? You're not exactly buying Wayne Manor?

My definition of a big house is 5-6 bedrooms, conservatory, connected double garage, big garden and an indoor pool perhaps. All that can be maintained by actually lifting a leg and doing some physical things like moving, walking. No need to have hired help?

Maybe it's just my way of doing things but I'd prefer to take care of my own stuff myself or delegate to other members of the family.

Back
Top Bottom