Rig/Cruncher images and specs......

Associate
Pretty chuffed, I've managed to climb up the MilkyWay leaderboard with me 58xx combo.
Currently 8th/9th place in the OCUK team on RAC. (Currently 40K).
Not bad- most of those above me are running multiple rigs or have much better GPUs...
May all come to a grinding halt when the leccy bill comes though!

Team Norway next on the horizon for stompage!

BTW, Nice rig Toxic, good effort sir...

Associate
barrowinfurness20120428.jpg

barrowinfurness20120429.jpg

barrowinfurness20120430.jpg

screenshotjt.jpg

Soldato
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Congratulations....trying to comprehend it, you must have driven yourself batty trying to get all that tubing in there.

Open heart surgery looks less complicated its maddly different thats probably why i like it, just trying to figure out how it popped into your head to individually cool everything seperately :eek:

All credit to you though its amazing you got it all in there and you definately met your goal that is freakishly impressive ..... mmmmm

"Frankenrig" :D:D:D:D;)

Associate
Thanks TBag

I must admit - it was extremely difficult to fit everything inside the 800D.

But I think the final outcome speaks for itself :D

And the temps are a lot better than expected.

Associate
Are there five loops & five pumps?

That would be correct :D

CPU & MB cooled by a 3x120mm RAD (stand alone pump and single bay res) and each GPU cooled by a 120mm RAD (fed by two dual bay res with two pumps moounted underneath on each).

Not the most cost effective solution - but certainly a whacky one :D

Gotta go to work now - start earning some coin for my next project ;)

Soldato
So I just finished my first ever watercooled system :)

Its a 2500K with 2x6990. Watercooling consists of two alphacool blocks for the graphics cards and xspc raystorm block for the cpu. 18w DDC with xspc res top and 560 rad. running nice and cool and near enough silent at about 50C. Its currently the highest rac host on Milkyway :)

2x6990.jpg

Soldato
some fantastic cases here, makes me want to move into H2O :(

Watercooling is not as bad as you might first think. Just take a look in the watercooling section and it'll give you a good indication of layouts and what is and is not needed.
I never touched wc until the last 6 months or so and would not go back now, true the outlay can be a pain but you wil reap the benefits by being able to overclock further than you would on air.
You can allways start with a simple cpu cooling loop and see where your imagination takes you, if in doubt just ask as there are a lot of people on here willing to help :)

Caporegime
I have a core 2 duo e8200 (which i will overclock soon), 4gb of DDR3 and an HD5450... Not the most gutsy of rigs (especially since i only want ot use 50% cpu usage on folding etc as it is doing other things too)

Im new to this, with those specs, what do you think i should be doing? What is that program a few posts above?

Soldato
Log into your account at BOINC and set the cpu usage. It's fairly obvious once you're there. You can also do something with a file called cc_config.xml which should be in you BOINC/DATA directory. Google for cc_config.xml; it's basically a way of setting local preferences.

Back
Top Bottom