Setting a PC trap ?

Soldato
Well I'm flabbergasted tbh.

19 replies and the flaming easiest & obvious answer hasn't been suggested.

Change the damn passwords & secret questions and don't tell him. If he asks for the new passwords then bingo you know he's been snooping.

Soldato
Well I'm flabbergasted tbh.

19 replies and the flaming easiest & obvious answer hasn't been suggested.

Change the damn passwords & secret questions and don't tell him. If he asks for the new passwords then bingo you know he's been snooping.

And if he doesn't ask, you don't know he hasn't been snooping.

Soldato
She can lift 200lb is that fit enough for you :D

If this is proved, that may very well happen :p
They should split up anyway. He is stupidly jealous enough to be going behind her back and she doesnt trust him in any case, neither party is prepared to actually speak to one another. That does not sound to me like a relationship worth having. Its not really a technical problem to solve

Soldato
install keylogger. I did on old machine a few years back when I suspected GF to be cheating with my m8. I found hard evidence and it was funny watching her trying to lie her way out of it and I then produced print copies of her msn chat messages.

Use a keylogger, a legal one ofc. Even if it's shareware, you can still use the time-limited trial where it works fully for 7-14 days. Someone used Remote Desktop Spy a few years ago and caught me out. It took screenshots and keyboard activity from my computer and sent it to the target computer, did the lot.

Associate
Not much good installing a key logger if he's already key logging the laptop :p

I suggest you obtain pictures of her breasts and post them here.. If he is spying he will intercept the upload... definitely

Soldato
Easiest way is to install the Prey anti theft software. Legal as its genuine free software and she can say she was installing it to protect the machine.

Then mark the laptop or whatever as stolen. Now whenever it is powered on it will take screenshots with the camera, log loads of stuff, etc.

Plus if her computer did get stolen she's sorted too!

http://preyproject.com/

PS if you do use the above and manage to get in her pants, then pics please!

Associate
^ Filth but that cracked me up.

On a more serious note... if it's her partner.. what's she hiding?
Hell, my girlfriend (all be it of 6 years )knows most of my passwords, it's convenient if ever she needs anything or I am away and need to ask her for something I can't access on my phone.

If she logged into my stuff... I have no idea why she ever would but if she did... good, she's interested in what i'm doing.

If she was doubting me or wondering where I am disappearing off to... good too, i'd rather her not worry. You would hope if she had a problem she'd tell me.

If you think your partner is "snooping" and that's a problem, by setting a trap you're doing something you're complaining against.
What are you going to say if they are.... "hey,.. you don't trust me... I found out because I set this trap because I don't trust you...".

Even worse if there is something to hide,... your argument would be... "hey, i've been doing something I shouldn't,.. then I set a trap on my computer and caught you because you don't trust me (rightfully as you did something)"

As bad as each other IMO.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the replies, amusing AND useful :)

The Prey Software sounds good. Might be worth giving that a whirl.
Then go overkill with Truecrypt and Lastpass once all passwords have been modified into 10+ character long monsters :D

Back
Top Bottom