*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Man of Honour
oP8RC.png

Official site: www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note2/index.html

Detailed specifications: http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note2/spec.html

• 5.5-inch Super AMOLED HD touchscreen display with 1280 x 720 resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio
  • Size: 80 x 151.1 x 9.4mm thin – thinner than its predecessor
  • Weight: 180 grams
  • 1.6GHz quad-core Exynos processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 16/32/64GB on-board memory
  • microSDHC support of up to 64GB of additional storage
  • 8-megapixel rear-camera with Auto Focus, LED flash and HD video recording
  • 2-megapixel front-facing camera
  • HSPA+ support
  • 4G LTE connectivity (in selected markets)
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
  • Wi-Fi Direct
  • USB 2.0 support
  • A-GPS and Glonass support
  • 3,100mAh removable battery with faster charging – bigger capacity than its predecessor
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on board out of the box with TouchWiz UI on top
  • Redesigned S-Pen: wider and longer to offer better grip. The stylus now has a rubber tip to offer an experience more similar to pen and paper
  • Colors: Marble White and Titanium Grey

gGoR4l.jpg

cssChl.jpg

Articles:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/47186/samsung-galaxy-note-2-hands-on

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/29/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-hands-on/

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/29/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-whats-changed/

http://www.theverge.com/products/galaxy-note-ii/6024

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone know what the screen resolution is likely to be? I've heard both 1280x720 and 1680x1050, neither of which sound very realistic (the former being a downgrade, the latter presumably being very expensive).

Permabanned
I would really love them to debut the Exynos 5 series CPU in this phone. That's a game changing CPU.

2Gb Ram and Jelly Bean minimum.

Soldato
I only had a SGS3 few weeks. I want no Note 2 talk thank you :p. I suspect S3 specs in a larger frame, perhaps 16.10 aspect over 16.9. and 2 gig ram so it sounds impressive. Super Amoled + HD I don't think so atm. No white version please :D

Soldato
Who would have thought Robbo would be the OP for this thread :p

Spec's will more than likley be Exynos 4412 Oc'd with a possibilty of 2GB Ram. 12mp camera?
Wishlist is a 800p RGB i.e. SAMOLED+, with onscreen controls. AND, a design which is better/different to the S3.

Soldato
White phones or should I say phablets give me the "shudders". I'm still not convinced by the large form factor of the Note but I'm prepared to give it a look. With My SGS3 and a Nexus 7 I don't see a place for it in my Android Arsenal.

Man of Honour
OP
Who would have thought Robbo would be the OP for this thread :p

Spec's will more than likley be Exynos 4412 Oc'd with a possibilty of 2GB Ram. 12mp camera?
Wishlist is a 800p RGB i.e. SAMOLED+, with onscreen controls. AND, a design which is better/different to the S3.

Hehe. If it has a few, what shall we call them - 'wishlist' - features, then I'll definitely get one.

I'm betting it will just be an enlarged S3 though. :(

Perhaps they'll drop the Exynos and use the S4 Snapdragon, perhaps even a quad-core variant? Surely not! SURELY.

Soldato
Soldato
Note 10.1 uses the same Exynos 4412 as the S3 but with 2GB RAM - what's your point?

We all know the NoteII is going to be a bigger S3 but with a stylus. The few differences are what we want to know.

Soldato
Note 10.1 uses the same Exynos 4412 as the S3 but with 2GB RAM - what's your point?

We all know the NoteII is going to be a bigger S3 but with a stylus. The few differences are what we want to know.

my point is that it doesn't need 2gb of ram and it won't have that because s3 doesn't?

Soldato
my point is that it doesn't need 2gb of ram and it won't have that because s3 doesn't?

The Note 10.1 has the same res as the OG Note 5.3. Why the 2GB bump in RAM?

I think theres is a high chance of the Note II of getting 2GB RAM as it will litterally have all the software features of the N10.1.

2GB should be the norm nowaydays - who likes apps getting dumped from memory because there's not enough of it. :)

Caporegime
Yeah I also think that it will have 2GB RAM. Everything else will be the same pretty much including the design, maybe a different shade of colour but obviously a bigger and better screen is going to be the main change/advantage.

Soldato
I'd like it if it was the Exynos 5 series with a higher res and/or SAMOLED+ screen...

No chance of the S4 worldwide, the international model will definitely be Exynos based.

But it's not, it'll be the SGS3, slightly higher clocked, but otherwise just a bigger screen (maybe a +) and battery :(

Back
Top Bottom