• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official GTX660TI review thread***

Soldato
OP
I was reading the Anandtech review and noticed they said the following:

"The best case scenario is always going to be that the entire 192bit bus is in use by interleaving a memory operation across all 3 controllers, giving the card 144GB/sec of memory bandwidth (192bit * 6GHz / 8). But that can only be done at up to 1.5GB of memory; the final 512MB of memory is attached to a single memory controller. This invokes the worst case scenario, where only 1 64-bit memory controller is in use and thereby reducing memory bandwidth to a much more modest 48GB/sec."

Maybe the 3GB cards seem a better bet,if you are getting a GTX660TI??

Associate
I dont understand where this card fits in its price bracket

why not just save up a little bit more and go for a 670 (cheapest one @ ocuk 299 inc vat)

Kinda my thoughts really. If i'm spending money on a £250+ GPU i'm spending a lot on my PC. £40-50 to most people isn't huge money, so just get the better GPU. 660ti needs to go down to £220 and below to make it worth considering in my opinion.

Soldato
It is a good lookin' card better than the previous gen custom cooled zotac cards thats for sure!

Yeah good question. He's busy at the moment but i shall give him a nudge mate!

Soldato
i love how short that zotac card is, i like the look of it
also interesting/weird it keeps beating a 670 with AA off in them tests

like to know w3bbo's thinking on why that is, doubt its cpu limited looking at the test setup

Might be because of the newer driver

Man of Honour
No overclocked vs overclocked cards. Disappoint.

It's most direct competitor is shown both in stock and overclocked format - the factory overclocked msi hawk hd7870?

i love how short that zotac card is, i like the look of it
also interesting/weird it keeps beating a 670 with AA off in them tests

like to know w3bbo's thinking on why that is, doubt its cpu limited looking at the test setup

The red bars are where the card was run in manual (max) overclocked format where it ocassionally beats the gtx 670. Blue is at factory zotac amp! settings.

The gtx660Ti is a nice little card but suffers from the same fate of the Hd7870 - too expensive and would be better positioned around the £200 mark IMO.

It is a good lookin' card better than the previous gen custom cooled zotac cards thats for sure!

Yeah good question. He's busy at the moment but i shall give him a nudge mate!
I'm on my phone on holiday doing a sneaky post while drinking copious amounts of alcohol lol!

Soldato
It's most direct competitor is shown both in stock and overclocked format - the factory overclocked msi hawk hd7870?

Based on MSRP, the GTX660Ti falls between the HD7950 and the HD7870 with no direct competitor. However, based on UK pricing, it competes with the HD7950. What would be interesting to see is how an overclocked HD7950 fares against the GTX660Ti in this case given how the former has a very high OC headroom whereas the latter doesn't.

Associate
personally am not happy with the benchmarks that are not using stock clocks, Unless super overclocked cards vs 800/850mhz is fine when in reality it should have been 950mhz min, upto 1000+mhz. Tomshardware & a few others did the wright thing, tested a $300+ card with settings it should have been tested with, including the correct clocks for both AMD and nvidia.

most are all overclocked gtx660 ti cards, going against an "Under clocked" hd7950 cards (BIOS & latest drivers 12.8 not applied in most cases inc AA etc).

Last edited:
Soldato
personally am not happy with the benchmarks that are not using stock clocks, Unless super overclocked cards vs 800/850mhz is fine when in reality it should have been 950mhz min, upto 1000+mhz. Tomshardware & a few others did the wright thing, tested a $300+ card with settings it should have been tested with, including the correct clocks for both AMD and nvidia.

most are all overclocked gtx660 ti cards, going against an "Under clocked" hd7950 cards (BIOS & latest drivers 12.8 not applied in most cases inc AA etc).

Indeed, if it were me, I'd have tested it at the Nvidia reference clocks, the card's default clock, and at its best OC settings. If I had no means of retesting other cards with newer drivers, I would have done a driver comparison with the new card as well. As we see in that Vortez review, the new driver seems to impact performance a fair bit in some games but the result is that it makes comparisons to other cards less meaningful.

Soldato
OP
This website averaged multiple reviews:

http://www.3dcenter.org/artikel/lau...nch-analyse-nvidia-geforce-gtx-660-ti-seite-2

GTX660TIrelativeperformance.png

Back
Top Bottom