TP-Link TL-WN822N on windows 8

Associate
OP
Have you tried installing them manually from the .inf, or are you just running an installer program?

The .inf file just brings up a text page in notepad, so not sure how to use it in this case..

download the WLAN pack from here
http://driverpacks.net/driverpacks/latest
You'll need Winrar or 7zip to open it. Extract it to say desktop\drivers\
Go to device manager, tell it to scan the folder for drivers. The first links are for the 64bit ones.

Just wondering if it is the utility software that won't install not the driver as in the device manager I have the ....

Aheros AR7015 wireless network Adapter which I guess is the TP-Link driver and that seems OK.

The utility software on the other hand gets the error "Failed to load the library flile" when I try and open it.

Associate
OP
OK I have it working the drivers did install ok it's just the utility program that won't work, but I don't need that.

Thanks for the help and suggestions, I am still finding it hard to get used to W8.

Associate
Still no joy for 802.11n

download the WLAN pack from here

http://driverpacks.net/driverpacks/latest

You'll need Winrar or 7zip to open it. Extract it to say desktop\drivers\

Go to device manager, tell it to scan the folder for drivers. The first links are for the 64bit ones.

Followed this instruction but still only seeing my 802.11g network, not the 802.11n network. I simply cannot find a driver that will do this. One thing to note is that it did not give me any option about which driver to install - it just located and installed on.

Associate
Got it working by changing frequency

Followed this instruction but still only seeing my 802.11g network, not the 802.11n network. I simply cannot find a driver that will do this. One thing to note is that it did not give me any option about which driver to install - it just located and installed on.

I switched frequency down from 5GHz to 2.4GHz, retaining the 300Mbps speed, on the Virgin Super Hub (i.e. netgear router) and suddenly the TL-WN822N could see the network.

Back
Top Bottom