Would this be a stupid first bike?

Associate
It's hard to give a figure without viewing it, the fact there's visible rust is bit of a concern did you look inside/under the fairings for more wear and tear? It depends what the scuff marks on the fairing are like too, they can be expensive to fix depending on how bad/deep they are. Is the MOT out or did the instructor get to test ride it? the bike might need some work when it has its MOT, but I would definitely not part with more than £1500 at a rough guess.

Soldato
OP
It's hard to give a figure without viewing it, the fact there's visible rust is bit of a concern did you look inside/under the fairings for more wear and tear? It depends what the scuff marks on the fairing are like too, they can be expensive to fix depending on how bad/deep they are. Is the MOT out or did the instructor get to test ride it? the bike might need some work when it has its MOT, but I would definitely not part with more than £1500 at a rough guess.

He said all the marks were purely cosmetic (my instructor) and said it was mechanically fine. He didn't test drive it due to it not being road legal. However he checked all the electrics, steering and brakes etc. He said everything was in good order. I don't know personally how much he knows about bikes, but he runs his own school and always seemed to be stripping things off and replacing things. He's certainly more competent than I am.

I was thinking £1400 also. £1500 would be pushing it to far I think.

I don't think he's in need for the money, so he might not be willing to go that low.

The scuffs weren't "that" bad. They did annoy me though. The circle silver disc thingy in the middle that says "Yamaha" on it was all scratched. Am I being unreasonable wanting a spotless bike on something produced in 1998?

Soldato
OP
With reference to the previous advert, who on earth keeps their garage heated? Stupid text like this in adverts really annoys me, and just leads me to distrust anything the seller is about to say.

Haha. It didn't look heated to me, I was in it today and it was the same as any plain old garage.

Definitely over priced when you see bikes that are motd, taxed and scratch free for the same money he's asking.

Soldato
OP
Yeah that one looks much better value for money mate.

Yamaha blue too! :p

Best colours IMO.

I agree, the blue is nice. I'm either after a blue or black one. The orange/silver is horrid as is the red.

What sort of hoops would I need to jump through to get it over from Belfast to Ayrshire, it's technically only around 20 mile or so driving. The rest is boat.

Soldato
OP
How does £2000 sound for this?

10500 miles on clock.

*A nice example of this popular sports 600 for low money! Low mileage and a full years mot. Good tyres and consumables in good order. Mechanically sound throughout. The white graphics on the right hand side have been hand painted due to a stand still drop, but as you can see from the images, it looks fine from a distance and only noticeable when close and there is no damage to the plastics, so new stickers would make it 100%. Would make an excellent first big bike or a good summer bike for someone on a budget. Will be serviced before sale.

Any trial or inspection welcome,

All bikes are carefully prepared by factory trained technicians and come with a free 3 months parts and labour warranty. We try to describe each machine as accurately as possible and are happy to send you more images and details as required – please ask and we will be pleased to assist. Part Exchange welcome. Competitive finance rates available (Subject to Status). Nationwide delivery can be arranged from £99.00.

Back
Top Bottom