Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Associate
soon will have room for home cinema. Projector EPson TW3600. Screen is 92" , but sometimes its not enough.
P.s bad quality on photos. Real is much better .

Soldato
Either way heres another little toy i picked up. Its so small and dinky! 100w per channel though and sounds surprisingly good.

5Wk3G.jpg

How well does it sound? I'm looking to pick up a couple of the mono blocks.
I'm not sure if i should get the 28w or the 110w models... They would be powering a set of Cerwin-Vega! VE-8s which are rated at 150 watts, 91 dB Sensitivity @ 1w/1m and 8ohms. Any ideas on whether the 28w would be sufficient?

Soldato
At 91db i'd have said that 28w would have been more than sufficient. Any reason you're going for the monoblocks rather than the 2 channel SE version i have?

Alternatives for you would be the Temple Audio monoblocks and the rather fantastic looking Firestone Big Joe Mono blocks

Cheers!
Generally speaking mono blocks are better in terms of quality and specs, being separate and all. Plus, it'll look cool... lol.

I'll take a look at those other ones.

Associate
I live in an 8 person shared house at the moment, currently in the process of buying a house with my girlfriend but until that's sorted, this is where the films are shown.

IMG_2292_3_4_tonemapped.jpg

I never got round to completely hiding the cables and as we don't own the house, some permanent solution (in the walls) can't really happen but it's good enough.

Equipment:

Mission Stands
Wharfedale 10.2, 10.CM and 10.DFS
Denon 1912
Boxee box
Panasonic TX-65V10

Soldato
Cheers!
Generally speaking mono blocks are better in terms of quality and specs, being separate and all. Plus, it'll look cool... lol.

I'll take a look at those other ones.

Thats fair enough, i tossed up between the standard monos and the SE 2 channel version and went for that. Decided the extra power would be better for me.

Given the choice now i think i'd get those Big Joe amps.

One thing to bear in mind is that the PSU is external on these things and (especially for the Pro-Ject) its pretty huge. Think XBOX style PSU size and if you end up with 2 of them it'll take up quite a bit of space :)

Soldato
Thats fair enough, i tossed up between the standard monos and the SE 2 channel version and went for that. Decided the extra power would be better for me.

Given the choice now i think i'd get those Big Joe amps.

One thing to bear in mind is that the PSU is external on these things and (especially for the Pro-Ject) its pretty huge. Think XBOX style PSU size and if you end up with 2 of them it'll take up quite a bit of space :)

Ah! Thanks for the heads up! I don't really have that much space so this is definitely something to consider.

Soldato
piczp.jpg

Added a Dune HD Max to tv/amp setup.

TV - Samsung 40" C5800 LED
Audio - Onkyo TX-SR309

Just spent the last few hours setting up Zappiti and I am so happy. This software is soooo awesome!!

Last edited:
Soldato
They are amazing speakers. Obviously everyone has different taste, but for me they are perfect. Beautiful smooth treble yet still very detailed and stunning bass from a stand mount. I also listened to more expensive PMC speakers and Dynaudio and for my taste the R300 was better all round. They are well worth a listen if you can get a demo locally.

Soldato
The Q600c cost me £300, I should get £250 for my RX Centre so it will have only cost me £50. The R200c is smaller and more then double at £650, the R600c is even more expensive at £900. Maybe if I save up I could get the R series, but next I really want a new TV.

Sound wise it's pretty close to the R300, certainly much closer than the RX I was running.

I'm hoping to have Kef rears tomorrow, I'm getting the T101. Sure I would love to have R100's as rears but I don't have the room, the T101 will sit discreetly on the wall, not that anything else is discreet lol.

Back
Top Bottom