BenQ XL2420T Now available

Associate
Well it arrived today, but still unsure of the settings, did a quick check with the Windows display settings, set my brightness to 05 for now, no idea how to adjust RGB as yet?

Associate
Found it, cheers.

Now just have to find and input the settings recommended for ATI cards I guess.

If I am in standard mode, and reset factory defaults, will that only affect standard mode or all presets?

Would all settings be the same and need reconfigured?

A magazine review mentions gamma 1 being preffered, with a brightness of 200Cd/m2. Why the magazine could not just state the settings picked and numbers as shown in the monitors menu I don't know. Is that 25% for instance? 5%?

For now I will go with these settings from another review, until better suggestions appear :)

Picture Mode= Standard
Brightness= 36
Contrast= 50
Gamma Mode= Gamma 4

Red= 96
Green= 97
Blue= 100

Last edited:
Associate
I seriously suck at this.

I tried CocaCola's settings, thought they were nice. Tried someone elses, though they were nice.

I just don't know what I want or what is best. I know its personal preference but I have nothing to compare to! :| Aaaaaaaaaaaaah Nvidia settings!

Associate
Considering getting this monitor again but not sure what the returns are here. I really liked it when I purchased from Amazon but I had to send it back three times due to gradient issues/clouding and bad backlight bleed/dead pixels/ top left corner of the monitor having a hint of red.

It was just amazing to play BF3 on, even at 60fps. Other games were too such as Left 4 Dead 2. Only problem I had were some games such as L.A Noire, dark shadows would have a tint of blue in them.

EDIT: About the pixel part, just read above.

Last edited:
Associate
I finally emailed BenQ tech support about the red tint in the corner that appears on every gamma setting except 3. I realised I should be getting the best out of the monitor and it was best to email them to check if it is a fault. Especially considering all the best settings recommend using Gamma 1 or Gamma 2!

What a pain.

Associate
hi all i plunged into getting one of these monitors and i realy like it, at moment i have amd motherboard 990xa-ud3 amd fx 6 core processor and only radeon hd 6770 graphics card so im guessing you will know what my question is going to be lol

what graphics card should i upgrade to to benifit fully from the 120hz , i am not bothered about 3D on the monitor well not now anyway so if thats main reason a lot have the nvidia cards would going down the road to a higher end amd card be good upgrade i.e 2gb xfx hd6950 or any other card, i dont want to go and buy a card and find out it isnt going to do what i want so to spend the extra money to get a card that will would be money well spent , any advice would be appreciated oh an also what is best way to connect a xbox360 to this monitor

Associate
Been using this monitor for a few months a what a screen! Probably not doing my eyes any good as I pretty much keep it on a bright setting and with an old 19" second display...the brightness and colour difference is immense just looking at one then the other makes my eyes go doo-lally.
Bit annoying that everytime I want to play the PS3, I have to turn the volume up from 30 to 100 and usually have to change the display mode to 'Full'. Anyone know how to counter this?

not sure if anyone has answered your question or you have figured it out but on the control you have 3 presets 1,2 and 3 if you go threw all your settings while on ps3 choosing each option,then when you have finished them all save it to gamer 1,2 or 3 i have mine each set to xbox360, pc and sky using either 1,2 or 3 but most of mine are basicaly same settings so go to menu then do all your settings then once done go to picture advanced then picture mode and there you will see gamer 1,2 and 3 which will save it,then its just a case of pressing the number on the remote

Man of Honour
Anyone else got a slight tinge to their screens ?

The top 1/4 has a very slight red tinge, and the bottom 1/4 has a very slight green tinge.

Only noticable on a plain white background, so not a huge issue.

Colours settings are as pcm2 posted earlier in the thread.

Cheers.

Associate
Anyone else got a slight tinge to their screens ?

The top 1/4 has a very slight red tinge, and the bottom 1/4 has a very slight green tinge.

Only noticable on a plain white background, so not a huge issue.

Colours settings are as pcm2 posted earlier in the thread.

Cheers.

Look up 2 or 3 posts. I've had the same problem since I got mine and finally emailed them about it and they gave me RMA details so I guess it is a problem.

Do you get it on all the gamma settings except one? and when you switch it disappears for a second before coming back?

Man of Honour
Look up 2 or 3 posts. I've had the same problem since I got mine and finally emailed them about it and they gave me RMA details so I guess it is a problem.

Do you get it on all the gamma settings except one? and when you switch it disappears for a second before coming back?

On all gamma settings :(

It does disappear when switching, like you describe.

Soldato
can anyone help me into being able to adjust the gamma/color temperature/hue/saturation.

they are all grayed out

in the picture mode menu i only have 3 options:

gamer 1
gamer 2
gamer 3

just set up using the same as sastusbulbas

edit**

stupid thing. it was at the bottom of the menu.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah that fooled me at first as well didn't realise for a couple of minutes you could scroll upwards in the picture mode menu and get more options :(

I've changed from a 2233rz to one of these due to needing higher resolution and displayport connectivity and with a bit of calibration is fairly decent but missing the deep gorgeous blacks and controlled whites from that monitor - on the benq the whites are slightly hazy even with the best possible calibration compared to the samsung and the blacks just aren't even close due to the difference in the back lighting.

Man of Honour
Struggling to get the color looking "right" - most of the settings in this thread give to much blue in large areas of white - most natural settings I've found so far (from another forum)

Standard Mode

Brightness: 5
Contrast: 50 (Default)
Gamma: Mode 2
Red: 97
Green: 96
Blue: 94

But still not entirely happy with those either.

Associate
Here's my dead pixels:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CA061793E5ECEF3D!116&authkey=!AHyv75F7Fn3ZXNQ

Do we think BenQ will replace the monitor?

PLACE BETS NOW.

Is it not the case that you say you have 5 dead pixels near each other, they agree RMA and then do a swap out? you get a new one at the same time as they pick your old one?.

Your paying good money for a monitor this is what I would and have done years ago.

I've got a Dell 2405FPW that's been doing me good for the last 6 years and was thinking of going for one of these BENQ monitors, but all im hearing is issues with green or red tinges comming from the corners. Dead Pixels etc

Is it worth getting one?

I want a 120hz monitor

Back
Top Bottom