Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
Awful pictures, but anyways - getting my kit setup in my new (bigger!) home! :D

Got the rears and sides up, really happy with the neat cabling job, just a pity the bigger room makes my 60" look smaller lol :D

img20120714173551.jpg

img20120714173536.jpg

Soldato
What model are those surrounds? I'm looking for di/bi/tri/omni sides and bar the MA BXFX and RXFX there's not much choice in the UK when it comes to affordable (for me) speakers.

Also SVS sub = winrar.

Soldato
What model are those surrounds? I'm looking for di/bi/tri/omni sides and bar the MA BXFX and RXFX there's not much choice in the UK when it comes to affordable (for me) speakers.

Also SVS sub = winrar.

I have some MA BRFX for sale on AVF, much cheaper than buying RXFX and they sound good. Only changed as I wanted matching KEF all round.

Soldato
So, you can afford a massive TV and awesome surround sound setup, but you can't afford a lamp shade? :p :D

Pah, just moved in - lampshades are waaaaay down my list ;)

As for the surrounds, they're Monitor Audio GSFXs, sub is the SVS PC-Ultra :D

Haven't got my GS-60s out yet, as i don't want them trashed :p

Soldato
Ha, cassssshhhh. Going to put any room treatment in there or WAF to consider?

I have no idea what my HT set up will be like - I have a dedicated two-channel set up that I'm keeping entirely separate - so starting from scratch. I'd love to do a DIY cylinder sub but truthfully I'll probably get either an SVS or BK. Rears... as said, room layout probably warrants two side speakers like the MA's that can produce direct and diffuse surround around/behind me, then I want a matched front three for the stereo pair and centre as I dislike centre speakers (form by necessity over function) and had my TV unit built to accomodate a traditional bookshelf/standmount in the middle under the screen... although it ill have to be angled up slightly but that's less of a compromise than a typical centre speaker anyway. Too much choice though! :(

Soldato
Not decided on the décor yet. I'd looooooooove to get a nice star ceiling done (either painted, or fibre optic) but that's a bit optimistic i think :p

Caporegime
Stargate… Good man!!!

I religiously have been re-watching this entire series for the past few years…. Watch 2 eps every Saturday night after a good session on the PC and a few beers!

Me and the gf are watching it through, I never saw all the series before, think it went to sky 1
Haven't seen much of the ori stuff, up to season 7, never had 5.1 before and it makes such a difference

Next is farscape.. On blu ray

Back
Top Bottom