*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yeh I'm definitely keeping an eye out for life steal stuff for my Barb at the moment. The 20% life steal I get whilst using Ignore Pain is amazing, life goes from empty to 45k nice and quickly. When WotB it goes up in about 1-2 hits :D

Other than weapons what else can you get life steal on?

Barbs can get it on Mighty Belts but everyone else is limited only to weapons. Not sure if any Legendaries/Sets have it.

Life Steal is a nice bonus. I've not really looked for it since the extra filters were added but I didn't see any on the weapons I looked at do you might really have to pay a premium to get that AND all the other stuff you want because the selection is so limited.
I think it was worked out that you needed to be hitting for 100k+ for Life Steal to outheal even average amounts of Life on Hit. When my Barb uses Ignore Pain and hits enemies with Frenzy I get around 1500hp for a normal hit and 7000hp for a crit (so a single Revenge hitting a few enemies for crits will instantly heal me back to full).

Permabanned
my experience with the AH is that items worth up to about 200k are difficult to sell as you can pick up items worth 500k+ for under 200k by sorting for time left and getting in on a bid only item (always bid what you are willing to pay, not just the standard increase as others are searching for these too).

At least that's how I am managing to flip items. Find items worth 1m+ and bid for them if under 200k, then put up for sale for 1m (normally undercutting the rest of the market) and then relisting for 750k or down to 500k if they are not selling and they will nearly always sell at one point. Easy gold.

I did a search for my ideal amulet and they all came in at million ranges, so i sorted by timeleft and there was with 2 min left with a start bid of 100k. I waited till it said 1 min and did a bid of 100k. I got it. There thing had a buyout of 3 mil so i bet the guy was a bit annoyed that i bidded last min like that.

The last few items i bought i ended up paying 1 mil. I spent 850k on a chest armour only to realize it was a bad buy and i can't resell it even for 500k :(

If nothing sells on the AH kind of feels like a dead end because without stuff selling i will never be able to get enough gold to improve my items.

Associate
cracking buy there groen, saved yourself a few million. Normally I would be sticking that back on for about 30-40% less than it seems it is worth and it would probably sell within a few hours. But since you need it that is even better, use it until you find a better one and then sell it.

Soldato
I did a search for my ideal amulet and they all came in at million ranges, so i sorted by timeleft and there was with 2 min left with a start bid of 100k. I waited till it said 1 min and did a bid of 100k. I got it. There thing had a buyout of 3 mil so i bet the guy was a bit annoyed that i bidded last min like that.

The last few items i bought i ended up paying 1 mil. I spent 850k on a chest armour only to realize it was a bad buy and i can't resell it even for 500k :(

If nothing sells on the AH kind of feels like a dead end because without stuff selling i will never be able to get enough gold to improve my items.

Hardly. If no one else bid on it it can't've been worth much more and if he didn't want a bid that low he should've set a higher starting bid.

Price ranges for offhands are ridiculous. Wizard Sources seem to be considerably more expensive than Witch Doctor Mojos too. Without any proper way to search for the damage they inflict, searching through them is so tedious.

Associate
Im level 60(lvl 2 paragon) and struggling on Act 2 Inferno. I basically getting 2 shotted by everything. is there anything i can do to up my gear to make it playable.

ive heard people mentioning repeating act 1 to farm it but i havent had much luck with that and there is a HUGE increase in difficulty from acts1-2. any advice?

My wiz is at 31k health, 25k dps right now.

Soldato
Im level 60(lvl 2 paragon) and struggling on Act 2 Inferno. I basically getting 2 shotted by everything. is there anything i can do to up my gear to make it playable.

ive heard people mentioning repeating act 1 to farm it but i havent had much luck with that and there is a HUGE increase in difficulty from acts1-2. any advice?

Post your profile..

Associate

up your resists and armour, it makes a massive difference. what skills u using?

also what dark sed :D

Associate
Ive been looking for resist gear on the AH and im focusing on Venom hydra as its nice for mobs, plus arcane orbs with ('tapped' rune) so i can spam them out.

I cant post my profile currently as im using my phone to post this, il post it when im home. Im just wondering if i need to farm through act 1 a few times for xp and items or if i should try out my blacksmithing for gear, although in the past ive found it extremely hit and miss stat wise.

Associate
Ive been looking for resist gear on the AH and im focusing on Venom hydra as its nice for mobs, plus arcane orbs with ('tapped' rune) so i can spam them out.

I cant post my profile currently as im using my phone to post this, il post it when im home. Im just wondering if i need to farm through act 1 a few times for xp and items or if i should try out my blacksmithing for gear, although in the past ive found it extremely hit and miss stat wise.

yeah beef up armour/all resists and make sure ur using energy armour with resist buff.

im playing a cm wizard at the moment, iv def got some stuff u can have, will save u a little cash

whats ur tag?

Associate
yeah its fun, abit expensive to really pimp it tho, but i spose that the case with most builds.

on a plus i had to 2 legendary drop in as many minutes earlier, a ok tormentor and a pair on ice climbers which sold for 70 mil buyout, biggest payout so far whoop whoop! :D

Last edited:
Associate
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom