Do you respond when someone sneezes?

Soldato
No.

And I never know what to say when someone says bless you, usually "erm... thanks I guess"

I don't feel rude, anyone who has known me for more than 5 minutes will know I don't use all these silly social niceties, they're a waste of time. We are all people here, why does it matter?

Soldato
Saying 'Bless you' after someone sneezes originates from Pope Gregory the Great and was said because sneezing was often a symptom of the bubonic plague.

So saying it now is rather premtaure given the odds on a sneeze being a symbol of impeding death are dramatically smaller nowadays.

Soldato
Nope. I think it's weird when someone says it tbh. Especially if it's someone you don't know and they expect you to respond. What are you supposed to say?!! Just go over the top; "Praise the lord!! Thank you jebus!!"

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
The sneezer first needs to earn the 'bless you' with a 'pardon/excuse me'. Otherwise, no.

:)

This is me. If the Sneezer turns away/covers there mouth/is polite about it then they get a "Bless you my Son" in my best Vicars voice, If they are gross about it they just get a Death stare. :p

Saying 'Bless you' after someone sneezes originates from Pope Gregory the Great and was said because sneezing was often a symptom of the bubonic plague.

So saying it now is rather premtaure given the odds on a sneeze being a symbol of impeding death are dramatically smaller nowadays.

Interesting, I always wondered where it came from. Was raised to say "bless you" when someone sneezed, good old Catholic upbringings.

In the process of deprogramming myself to say "excuse you/me" in line with my more science and reason based beliefs. :)

Caporegime
I say bless you. But if they keep sneezing I don't, or if they sneeze multiple times I'll wait until they've stopped and say it once.

If it's a mate, I'll "sshh" them. If they keep doing it, I'll tell them to hurry up and die. :p

Back
Top Bottom