Omega or Breitling?

Man of Honour
Give me the money - I'll send you my neon orange indestructible Casio that has plenty of sentimental value and you will be content knowing how much joy that money has given me.

Honestly, I think it would take about £100 to part with this Casio, I'm extremely fond of it due to it being there in times of need!

Permabanned
OP
Give me the money - I'll send you my neon orange indestructible Casio that has plenty of sentimental value and you will be content knowing how much joy that money has given me.

Honestly, I think it would take about £100 to part with this Casio, I'm extremely fond of it due to it being there in times of need!

Unfortunately I already have my own indestructible very cheap watch, several in fact.

Caporegime
Although in this comparison the £10 watch will keep time better than a £10k watch.

so actually it's more like having a 0-60 in 6 seconds car for £100 that looks like ass or a 0-60 in 10 seconds car that look pretty but costs £100k

a photo from a point and shoot camera will likely give a more accurate depiction of a person than a oil painting - it doesn't render paintings useless as people can still appreciate the skill and talent of the artist

likewise a cheap digital watch will give a more accurate measure of time, it doesn't render mechanical watches useless and people can still appreciate the craftsmanship/design that has gone into making them

Soldato
yeah but you got £2,990 to spend on batteries should last you out your life :p (or a new watch every 10 weeks for the next 60 years) :p

It's not much of a thing to hand down through the family though.
"Here son, I wont be on this earth much longer so I wanted to give you this before I go"
"What is it Dad ?"
"Here son, its my treasured 299 black Casio digital watches" :D

Last edited:
Soldato
From what I have been able to gather hanging in circles where £5k watches are the norm, they are just jewelry for men, nothing more, advertised in a way that makes gender normative men feel comfortable buying into. It's just like how a lot of women want nice earrings and fancy rings.

I hope for a lot of people's sake that Omegas stay at the top of the market, a lot of people who have no traditional financial place to be purchasing such jewelry have done so, maybe watering down the brand, and they won't be able to do it again without a lot of sacrifice should Omega fall out of fashion.

Soldato
I hope for a lot of people's sake that Omegas stay at the top of the market, a lot of people who have no traditional financial place to be purchasing such jewelry have done so, maybe watering down the brand, and they won't be able to do it again without a lot of sacrifice should Omega fall out of fashion.

You make it sound like people have placed their financial future in the hands of the resale value of a £1200 quarts Seamaster (lets be honest I'm sure 90% of the Omegas sold are these).

Permabanned
OP
The decison is made.

I am going with the Omega Seamaster 300M Chronometer 212.30.41.20.01.003

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/300-m-diver-chronometer/21230412001003

It is the nicest looking of the Seamasters in my opinion although I did prefer the wavy face model I thought it better to buy the improved movement and better warranty. There is also the argument that the classic appearance is more desirable long term.

It was a bit of a nightmare finding an AD however as it appears Omega are attempting to make their brand more exclusive and are reducing the numbers of Authorised Dealers in the UK.

Thanks for the advice chaps. :)

Associate
Great choice! The exact same watch I purchased a few weeks ago, it a beautiful watch.
Congratulations, look forward to seeing some wrist shots!

Last edited:
Associate
The decison is made.

I am going with the Omega Seamaster 300M Chronometer 212.30.41.20.01.003

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/300-m-diver-chronometer/21230412001003

It is the nicest looking of the Seamasters in my opinion although I did prefer the wavy face model I thought it better to buy the improved movement and better warranty. There is also the argument that the classic appearance is more desirable long term.

It was a bit of a nightmare finding an AD however as it appears Omega are attempting to make their brand more exclusive and are reducing the numbers of Authorised Dealers in the UK.

Thanks for the advice chaps. :)

Report back with pics after you get it! :D

Associate
Not read the entire thread, but Omega is a very good first "decent watch" option.

Personally I prefer it over Breitling, not a big fan of bretiling tbh. I'm not keen on how their watch faces look.

Reads up to NXZT post, yeah.... Either too busy or look too small.

Back
Top Bottom