[PIC_THREAD] People, Portraits, Street

Soldato
Well lets start with the latest portrait from my Flickr stream (and hopefully in the correct thread this time):-

Grace Shaw - Altostratus (Balcony Dress) 03 by AndyBakerUK, on Flickr

Setup were a pair of Lencarta ElitePro300s either side of model (one face key, other body fill). Both firing through 24" Softboxes.

Fairly desaturated and toned in an attempt at a fashion magazine editorial style.

Soldato
^^^
Very Nice! One of your best, although exposure could be reduced by 0.3 of a stop imo. however I don't want to expel too much energy on C&C yet as I'm hoping mods will do the below. Once we are sure of the future format, definitely post it again though.

How about 3 sticky threads like..

1) Post your portraits, weddings & candids here thread.

2) Post your nature, sports, & Macro's here thread.

3) Post your landscapes, astronomy & panaramics here thread.

Soldato
I'm not sure sports and macro photography overlap to such an extent that we can assume they go together and that people looking at one will want to also see the other?

Associate
^^^
Very Nice! One of your best, although exposure could be reduced by 0.3 of a stop imo. however I don't want to expel too much energy on C&C yet as I'm hoping mods will do the below. Once we are sure of the future format, definitely post it again though.

How about 3 sticky threads like..

1) Post your portraits, weddings & candids here thread.

2) Post your nature, sports, & Macro's here thread.

3) Post your landscapes, astronomy & panaramics here thread.

I still think weddings should stand alone and not be lumped in with any other category...especially people and portraits. The rest would just get lost amongst the deluge of wedding photos and wedding photography encompasses more than people. I honestly wouldn't care what goes with what so long as wedding photography is kept in a dedicated space.

Soldato
I still think weddings should stand alone and not be lumped in with any other category...especially people and portraits. The rest would just get lost amongst the deluge of wedding photos and wedding photography encompasses more than people. I honestly wouldn't care what goes with what so long as wedding photography is kept in a dedicated space.

Yeh I would love that to, but if this goes ahead we are only gunna be allowed so many threads. It would be unfair to make the sports share with wildlife yet weddings get a dedicated thread.
If you want to post a pic of a wedding cake, just do it in the wedding a portraits thread.

Associate
Did afew of my Nieces baby yesterday, I forgot my speed light!, DOH!, Never mind nothing onboard flash with a Mirror reflecting towards the white Ceiling cannot fix.

MOVED FROM OLD THREAD.

DSC_1493 by j0rzeh, on Flickr

DSC_1482 by j0rzeh, on Flickr

DSC_1462 by j0rzeh, on Flickr

DSC_1451 by j0rzeh, on Flickr

DSC_1448 by j0rzeh, on Flickr

DSC_1433 by j0rzeh, on Flickr

DSC_1431 by j0rzeh, on Flickr

DSC_1414 by j0rzeh, on Flickr

DSC_1405 by j0rzeh, on Flickr

DSC_1397 by j0rzeh, on Flickr

DSC_1394-1 by j0rzeh, on Flickr 100% crop to Face.

DSC_1394 by j0rzeh, on Flickr

DSC_1385 by j0rzeh, on Flickr

Soldato
RW1_8512-Edit.jpg

Back
Top Bottom