*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Soldato
All I got from orange was a text this morning about my Friday delivery and if I wanted to move to Monday r Tuesday. I didnt even know if they were refering to today or next week!

The ukmail website doesnt even work either to check the assignment number against.

Its delivered now at home anyway so I dont care. No idea about the Nano SIM though? I assume it would have shipped with the phone?

No text for me so far so looks like I lucked out on the delivery today. Would imagine UKMail is getting hammered.

Glad you got yours OK. I would have imagined it would have come with your SIM as well? Probably an error on Oranges part

Associate
Nice, some proper pictures. Looks good.

What do you think to it?

I would say it's definitely a different feel to the iPhone 4/4S. Much lighter and I'm guessing that's due to the lack of a glass back. Makes you think why the previous two handsets needed so much glass! Doesn't feel as premium though but I won't have to worry so much about protecting it with a case now.

The 4.0" screen is actually perfect for everyday one handed usage, but it does feel cramped still compared to my S3 when browsing the web in landscape mode for example. The Maps is disappointing but I'm sure Apple and TomTom are working hard to improve it all the time. Once Google release their native iOS app, people shouldn't have a reason to complain anymore.

Lightning connector is great, and no need to worry about plugging it in the wrong way in the middle of the night.

Also no 30-pin to Lightning adapter. Just UK plug, Lightning USB cable, EarPods and the iPhone itself of course.

Associate
Is everyone who is upgrading from a pervious Iphone just restoring from backup? or are you keeping it fresh and installing everything manually?

Soldato
Anyone else get the feeling that the Iphone 5 is lacking something? Having seen the S3 pop up video capability and others i must say i feel very tempted to move from Apple having always had an Iphone since the 3G

Associate
Got mine this morning. About 10.30. Screen is incredible, as is the camera.

2112a9y.jpg

The new adapter is incredibly small. A welcome change.

Man of Honour
OP
Anyone else get the feeling that the Iphone 5 is lacking something? Having seen the S3 pop up video capability and others i must say i feel very tempted to move from Apple having always had an Iphone since the 3G

I've personally found that to be a gimmick, it makes the phone look good when you play a video over the top of Angry Birds but in reality it isn't all that useful. :p

I can see some uses for it though.

Soldato
Just FYI, I preordered from CPW yesterday and it looks like it might turn up today, monday at the latest.

Then Apple emailed me to say my launch day preorder that had a date of the 1st week of october has just shipped for monday.

Like buses lol.

Soldato
Anyone know if I can just turn up to an O2 store and buy the phone without having to sign a contract?

I'm already on O2 Simplicity so don't need to sign a new contract. Just need a Nano Sim from O2.

Permabanned
I don't even know if my phone is even ordered never mind going to arrive haha. Orange have dropped the ball on this one it seems. Had a order confirmation with a reference number (which shows as not being valid in tracker). Now I'm sitting waiting to speak to a agent via the online help section. Seems this is pretty common with existing orange customers. Luckily I don't work Friday's but if I did and had to use a holiday on the off chance something happened I wouldn't be too pleased.

Back
Top Bottom