• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte Z77-D3H Owners, Which Graphic cards you have?

Associate
OP
Just my luck I come across this thread when Im about to order my card, I have this motherboard. :-/

That's another reason i opted to post a thread, not just to get information on what GPU people have to find myself a compatible replacement, but to also inform people of the issue.
The only talks I've had about this to OcUk is via my Support tickets, i couldn't find information on if others had the same issue as myself, which is rather worrying.

OcUk wanted me to RMA my MSI card, i'm at a loss on what to do with this motherboard to be honest. Money isn't that easy to come by, me and my fiance are disabled so every bit of money counts so we try to buy computer parts which should last the longest so we don't upgrade every 8 months.
So after saving up all our money, finally upgraded my Computer and 4 weeks later found a GPU... boom this happens.

By the looks of it, it's motherboard related, but i don't know if i can still RMA this motherboard (I have the box, all the parts, cables ect) or if i should do what OcUk said to do.

"Buy a GPU if it doesnt work RMA it, and repeat untill we find one compatible" although another ticket reply said about RMAing the board but then heard nothing back..

Caporegime
Just my luck I come across this thread when Im about to order my card, I have this motherboard. :-/

With the amount of these boards sold theres bound to be some people with hardware compatibility issues/user error or genuine board problems.

Why not try the card you want, see if its fine, if not return it using the OcUk 14day satisfaction guarantee?

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18394384

Associate
It will not help those with problems but to give a balance of experiences, I built a system over the weekend with a MSI 7950 in the PCIEX16 slot on a Gigabyte Z77-D3H and have not had any problems.

bee

bee

Associate
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H for me with 670 sli for about 3-4 months now, great board and it's still on some super old F5? bios

Associate
This gives me hope, I do actually very much hope that it's faulty cause I like the board a lot, just this makes it unusable.

Thanks for reporting in, guys!

Soldato
I returned mine after some guys over at tweaktown helped me and we sort of figured out that it was definitely faulty. Wasted my whole weekend trying to sort it out, silly motherboard.

I just got my new Asus P8Z77-V-LX board from OcUK, installed graphics card and it all worked first time.

The biggest annoyance for me (besides gfx not booting) was not being able to save 'PEG' in the BIOS on the d3H.

To me it seems as though there was definitely a bad batch of these boards and probably why there is a revision 1.1 now.

I've just noticed actually on the Gigabytes website that the revision 1.0 Z77 D3H that I had and was faulty only had a 4 pin motherboard power connector but the newer 1.1 revision has an 8 pin, interesting...

Associate
I have the 8 pin power connector, the most annoying thing is I spent so long speccing my system, it's my first attempt and it got me worked up putting it together, I was proud of myself when it was complete, I had a few teething problems but all in all it's working smoothly with my 4770 from my olddd system. I just hope when I order my his 7950 it will be compatible, as again, I spent ages picking my card.

I really can't be doing with taking the mobo out and the processor, I was filling my pants enough putting it together!

Associate
OP
I have the 8 pin power connector, the most annoying thing is I spent so long speccing my system, it's my first attempt and it got me worked up putting it together, I was proud of myself when it was complete, I had a few teething problems but all in all it's working smoothly with my 4770 from my olddd system. I just hope when I order my his 7950 it will be compatible, as again, I spent ages picking my card.

I really can't be doing with taking the mobo out and the processor, I was filling my pants enough putting it together!

First time i've put a custom cooler on any motherboard that didn't go directly into the 4 slots, must agree. building a new set up, really panics me too lol.

i brought my motherboard seperate time from my gfx card, admittedly, i feel i took so long picking my motherboard (3.5 weeks) that i might not be able to do this "RMA" thing.

Which is silly because the motherboard works fine. i don't think anyone is at fault that it doesn't work with new GFX cards though, not sure how im meant to predict what card to get after reading this thread..

It seems Nvidia cards are working which isn't the road i want to take.
Someone said the 7850 card works. but to me that's less performance then i actually wanted to buy.

went directly to gigabyte

:< lucky you. my ticket went into the system last month 27th, i finally got a reply yesterday.... which was to ask me "Did you contact MSI" which i clearly stated in my original post... looks like i've got to wait "Another" week or 2 for another reply...

Soldato
Uruhhh having huge issues like those above.

Fails to POST/Show Bios when GFX card is connected to the PCIe x16 slot (MSI HD 7850 Twin Frozr III OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card)

Tested the GFX card in my old system and it works with no problems. Definitely seems like the board, not sure if I want a replacement gigabyte to be honest :( Should have gone with ASUS.

My post on hardware section:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18445730

Associate
Gigabyte Z77X-D3h [4pin aux connector]
ASUS 560Ti
8GB Crucial Sports
Corsair HX620

Flashed immediately to latest Tweaktown beta bios.
Random crashes while gaming. GPU error.
Found out some NVidia drivers have problems with 560ti, latest driver set seems to have fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom