iPhone 5 worth it from 4S

Man of Honour
Just received an insurance replacement 4S 32GB. It's completely new and unlocked, so I could get a fair amount for it second hand. I'm just wondering if it's worth keeping and waiting for the next iPhone, or selling it and getting the iPhone 5?

Man of Honour
OP
Go and play with one in an Apple store then decide whether it's value you to you.

I'd rather fall down the stairs than be surrounded by such a bunch of freaks, thanks. There's one thing in this world that I despise, and that's going to an Apple store. :mad:

I'm thinking mainly financial, will this 4S depreciate more than the cost of upgrade, plus amount of depreciation a 5 will suffer over the next 12 months? Not really a question anyone can answer I expect as no one can see into the future. :D

Associate
I went from the 4 to 5 and it was WELL worth it, noticeably better in all areas camera, speed etc.

going from a 4S though I cant imagine it much different, apart from the physical aspects.

Soldato
Well it's the first time there has been such physical different really apart from the retina display, given the increase in screen size so I'd say it was worth in that regards. Depends if a total redesign is what warrants change as some people only seem to think the innards change when this happens. I love it, it's nice and light, very fast and the screen increase is very welcome.

Last edited:
Soldato
I went from the 4 to 5 and it was WELL worth it, noticeably better in all areas camera, speed etc.

going from a 4S though I cant imagine it much different, apart from the physical aspects.

I think a lot of the "WELL worth it" is placebo.

Associate
Generally I would say it is not worth the cost to upgrade by just one generation of apple device i.e. 4 to 4s or 4s to 5. The gains from one device to the next are not usually large enough to justify it. The best compromise comes every second generation in my opinion, where the leap in technology is large enough to justify the cost.

Associate
I've gone from a 4s to a 5 and i would really never go back now!! its faster and the colour on the screen is a lot better side by side also the 4s feels so bulky now compared to the 5. I got 300 for my 4s and really happy with the new 5 :)

Soldato
I went from 4S to 5. It is noticibly faster

IMO its worth the move for the speed increase, lightning connection (which will become standard) and screen size

There are other things like battery, improved camera etc but the main ones are speed, connection and screen. Colours are also much better after looking at mine for a few days then a 4S

Soldato
I've gone from a 4s to a 5 and i would really never go back now!! its faster and the colour on the screen is a lot better side by side also the 4s feels so bulky now compared to the 5. I got 300 for my 4s and really happy with the new 5 :)

As this man said - Dads getting my 4s for 300 too (brand new replacement with zagg shields, all boxed)

Associate

The difference between the 4 and 4S is Siri and a slightly faster processor yes? That being the case, I don't understand why upgrading from 4 to 5 is much different than a 4S to 5.

Associate
I know you don't...

But seriously, there's very little difference between them. A bigger screen is the main thing, arguably something they should have done a long time ago, and even then it's still overly small.

I think your just trying to kid yourself mate..

There is a massive difference.

edit: Theres people in the thread saying that its a significant speed jump from 4S to the 5.

So.. me moving from a 2 year old 4 the difference has been massive. I had a 16gb 4 which felt very 'sluggish' at full capacity. So jumping to the 5 with much better hardware and with twice the storage it has been a massive leap. Believe me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom