**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Soldato
Thank you for taking the time to watch my vid and write about the areas i need to improve.

I have been watching videos to get the most out of my game (i had downloaded apollos new vi but not had the time to watch it). I have heard that it is possible to have the hatcheries all one key but i cannot work it how to select them all at once, any idea?

As for my hydra+roach army its because i seem to get pwn'd by air attacks often and it was my counter. I do realise its not optimum so i will look into getting that sorted asap.

In some of my later games last night i was much better with the tech upgrades. It does make a difference in a lot encounters.

Hotkeys i know are a serious weakness, you only have to watch the korean replays to see the pace they move around the map at. I hope it just practice.

Are zergling armies that powerful? I always go for roaches because i find my lings getting gimped. Is there a secret to ling armies or is it just a case of sheer numbers?

And what is a macro hatch? Is it just a base to pump out units?

Again thanks for all your help :)

I'll have a look at your replay tonight. Lings can be very powerful. Always get them in every match up, say in zvp you can sandwich his ball with lings and roaches to help negate FF / take fire from immortals. In zvt you mainly pump out lings unless he's going mech. In zvz you would use them less as it transitions into roach and beyond but again run bys and some for banes to stop run bys against you.

Associate
Thank you for taking the time to watch my vid and write about the areas i need to improve.

I have been watching videos to get the most out of my game (i had downloaded apollos new vi but not had the time to watch it). I have heard that it is possible to have the hatcheries all one key but i cannot work it how to select them all at once, any idea?

As for my hydra+roach army its because i seem to get pwn'd by air attacks often and it was my counter. I do realise its not optimum so i will look into getting that sorted asap.

In some of my later games last night i was much better with the tech upgrades. It does make a difference in a lot encounters.

Hotkeys i know are a serious weakness, you only have to watch the korean replays to see the pace they move around the map at. I hope it just practice.

Are zergling armies that powerful? I always go for roaches because i find my lings getting gimped. Is there a secret to ling armies or is it just a case of sheer numbers?

And what is a macro hatch? Is it just a base to pump out units?

Again thanks for all your help :)

with lings I was just looking at the fact that you had 3k minerals and not much gas so lings are a great mineral dump :)

There is nothing wrong with roach hydra it was just the extra gas you spent on the mutas that hurt you I think

If you just flout about in the OcUK channel I can play a few games with you next time your on and then we can watch the replay and look for anything to fix if you want , I am Causeless_Skys on battlenet just so you know.

Soldato
Is there a way you can auto-program units? e.g. put 3 or 4 sentries in front of a collosus then when an enemy approaches have the put up a wall of force fields at the same time and retreat so the colollus can take them out?

Associate
Is there a way you can auto-program units? e.g. put 3 or 4 sentries in front of a collosus then when an enemy approaches have the put up a wall of force fields at the same time and retreat so the colollus can take them out?

nope you have to do it all manually :)
against a load of lings then try fight in chock points , makes a huge difference

Soldato
nope you have to do it all manually :)
against a load of lings then try fight in chock points , makes a huge difference

I was playing someone yesterday in a 3 vs 3 and about 50 tried to get into my main base up a ramp. I had it blocked with 2 gateways

I had 4 upgraded colollus standing behind which BBQd them all in a few seconds. He left when they all died :D

Associate
I want to play in bronze.... :(

As I have been messing about with zerg I have been playing team games just to get a feel for it. So I was playing some 3v3 and didn't notice anything wrong until both the protoss's in the game did not have warp game at anout the 15 min mark .... so yeah they killed off the other two guys in my team , well killed their one base armies and they had like 20 workers each. Then I just went mass upgraded roach and killed all three of them :L
A good feeling to stomp wood leaguers while off racing :)

Associate
Guys, I bought Starcraft 2 when it first game out yet whenever I try to install it now it says something about it being the starter edition and I have no access to Skirmish?

Any ideas?

You need to login to your battle.net account that you registed the key with from within the game. Just making a new account will only give you the demo/starter edition

Soldato
What is a good Protoss counter to Mutas? They are too strong for pheonix, too quick for void rays and too quick for stalkers.

I had a game where an opponent had about 10 and was looping around my base, I couldn't really do anything because they were too fast

Soldato
If someone could have a look at this http://drop.sc/260824 i would appreciate it a lot.

watched it. generally pretty good i would say. not a zerg player or even a decent SC player but i watch a lot of replays :)

any way ...

one thing i thought when watching it was should have got some lings and banglings. he had a lot of marines and the lings would have just torn through them. so thats just a case of seeing what your opponent has and thinking of the best unit to counter it.

apart from that, some good building blocks. usual advice. spend spend spend. sometimes you had quite a lot of dosh. no need. make more drones and spend spend spend.

oh and also. upgrades!! i think i saw at one point he had level 2 weapons and you about half way through 1, so remember that :)

Man of Honour
What is a good Protoss counter to Mutas? They are too strong for pheonix, too quick for void rays and too quick for stalkers.

I had a game where an opponent had about 10 and was looping around my base, I couldn't really do anything because they were too fast

Blink stalkers and aggression I believe.

The latter forces your opponent to bring their mutas to your army. Also, if they have gone muta then they have suffered greatly in army size and tech, allowing you to knock at their front door and make yourself at home.

Soldato
Had a search and sentry guardian shield is supposed to be good as reduces splash damage

Will go on the aggressive the next time, instead of trying to chase them around the map!

Thanks

Man of Honour
If someone could have a look at this http://drop.sc/260824 i would appreciate it a lot.

I would learn the following basic opener:

9 overlord
14 spawning pool
15 hatchery
14 queen
16 2 pairs of zerglings (scout opponent and leave at choke/towers)
18 overlord
Get 2nd queen and build drones
6 minutes get 2 x gas
7 minutes start teching (roach/banneling etc)

I like to use changelings to scout regularly, and build units that counter theirs. I like to have 1 more base then them, so if a Protoss goes Forge fast expand or a Terran goes 1 Barracks fast expand then I get my third at 21 supply. Dot your overlords around to see drops and enemy movement, it's worth losing 1/2 to see what the opponent is up to and it lets you catch them out of position.

Soldato
How do you calculate how many minutes into a game you are? Is there a timer?

E.g. When an am told to "rush at 6 mins" is it 6 real time minutes or in game minutes that are faster?

Associate
Nearly always means game minutes. There's a timer you can turn on in the options somewhere which then appears above your mini map. Thought it was on by default though!

Back
Top Bottom