Celeron d530
2 hard drives
TV card
Video capture card
HD5400 GPU
DVDRW

Thanks in advance

Soldato
Just make sure you get a branded PSU. Cheap PSUs usually cut out on quality on some parts, meaning the PSU may not be able to output the stated power and/or have protection circuits.

Associate
I'm ordering the Antec after the 15th as I'll be entitled to free delivery then. Will be cheaper than the sale price with free postage. :D Stulid told me it has Seasonic internals!

I think it is a beautiful looking PSU, I really love the fan grill and paint job.

Associate
OP
I currently have a CiT 450w and its been fine but want to get a branded one and like the look of the PC power ones as Im aware they have Seasonic internals and 5yr warranty.

Does the fact I like to leave my PC on all the time make any difference to what PSU I should get?

Last edited:
Associate
Good call on upgrading from that CiT. All the PSU's suggested here will be fine, also for future reference you should check out the 'extreme outervision PSU calculator' (google it) if you are ever looking for a rough guide on PSU power requirements :)

Associate
The Antec is cheaper, both seasonic internals apparently, same efficiency, wouldn't be surprised if they are the same inside. White one is modular which is alright but not really needed since they both don't have that many connector's to make modular. I think the non modular would look tidier because the cables are all together not spread out. The fan look's better to me on the Antec.

That PSU calculator isn't very realistic, but useful still as it doesn't hurt to get a more powerful PSU than you need. According to the calculator I need over 600W but my PC at absolute 100% GPU CPU load is 260W.

CiT is cheap nasty from that shop that charges you at least double the online price. They tried to sell me a 650W PSU the other day, after looking at the actual unit it didn't weigh much and it wasn't even painted or sleeved. £50, bargain. CiT one also had no mention of a warranty on it. :p

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Got my CiT online from another outlet, cost 30 quid and is a nice, heavy piece of kit with sleeved cabling. I know they are budget brand, but its worked fine and is nice and quiet.

Ive seen guys banging on about how brilliant their 100£ Corsair PSU was, despite it blowing after 6 months and totalling half the kit in his pc. Ive never bought branded before and never had a PSU last less than 3 yrs or damage anything else when it blew.

Associate
OP
Ive got the Antec 400 and what a lump it is! I saw the guy carrying it from the van like he had a sack of spuds, its a hefty piece of kit

Back
Top Bottom