OCZ Vertex 4 not found on Windows 7.

Associate
It was all alright until I connected other HDD to check if it's working. After plugging back in V4 I noticed that it doesnt show up in My Computer or disk management. It's like it doesnt exist. I have connected it to Sata6gb Intel (z77 Sabertooth) and now tried Asmedia controller port, and still doesnt show up. I have plenty stuff on that V4, need it back. Please help!

Associate
Josh, you need to disconnect the drive, clear the cmos on the motherboard, reconnect the drive to the port 0 on the motherboard and boot to the OCZ linux tools.

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?105168-NEW!!-OCZ-Bootable-Toolbox-PC-Edition

run this , make sure the drive is detected, you can use the toolbox to check smart and update the firmware also along with SE the drive.

if you have any issues just post on the oczforum in the vertex4 section, the support staff will help you ;)

Associate
OP
I did clear cmos today and nothing has changed apart from few bios settings. V4 still doesn't show up nowhere in my bios or whatever.

Will try that tool but unsure will it help. Bought a M4 today, will see if it works to make sure that V4 was faulty.

Back
Top Bottom