Are you happy with Youtube etc's video quality for game videos?

Soldato
Game footage is notoriously hard to compress because each frame has to retain sharpness across the entire frame to look good.

Whereas ordinary camera footage a smaller portion of the screen is in focus at any one time, so the out of focus bits are easier to compress.

Associate
There used to be a free HD video service called stage6 or something (was owned by divx I think) that got shut down. What a shame; was awesome

Permabanned
Most peoples monitors are 1080p and youtube etc can do that so the problem is the people uploading poor quality videos probably because they couldn't record the game at 1080p.

Erm no!

You can record at 1080p for free in full quality using MSI afterburner. However you can't upload a 200+ GB file to YouTube on 300-500 kbps upload speed!

Everyone making gaming videos have to compress them before uploading.

FYI I can record at 1920x1200 full quality, but most people have inferior monitors, and I have pathetic internet that requires me to compress the files as much as I can while keeping them at 1080p.

Soldato
Given how crap my internet is at peak times, I'd be loathed if file sizes got any bigger really.

I am surprised that the net in cambridge is bad, logic would suggest it would have had all the best connections available. Again something needs to be done urgently about british net connections.

Back
Top Bottom