Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Soldato
I did get it from OCuk, but they said to go back to the manufacturer due to it being outside the 28 day period :(

This is rubbish. Some one needs to sort out what the phone customer services are saying to customers because I keep reading posts like this where people are being told nonsense.

OCUK are responsible for your warranty for the first year, by law.

Associate
So I have contacted Citizens Advice on this and basically you are covered for 6 years with the retailer for any manufacturing defects (obv not wear and tear).

As I have already waited three days with no response from Hazro (and I cannot be asked to keep having to chase them up) I will be using my rights with the retailer to move this forward as they are much more pro-active (and you can actually talk to somebody unlike Hazro's email only!).

Associate
I think OCuk were trying to point me in the direction of the Manufacturer as this is the route they would follow anyways (me->OCuk->Hazro) logically going me->Manufacturer would normally be quicker - if you were dealing with a company like Samsung or Dell, but in the case of Hazro (of which I have still not received a single response) support seems to be non existent, so the process could go on forever.

I think in future, I will only buy products from major manufacturers as this process has really turned me off buying from smaller ones. And as for the quality of the final product, hopefully one day I get a chance to see.

Associate
Oh boy I hope I did not make a mistake when I bought a B grade HZ30Wie.....

Weirdly enough the Hazro user seems to be quite active on the forums.

Associate
I'm still convinced the OC RMA dept. is staffed by poorly trained monkeys.
I've always found them polite and helpful (within the limits they are set). Let's face it it's generally less well paid and lower profile than sales, but just as important in keeping customers loyal.

Oh boy I hope I did not make a mistake when I bought a B grade HZ30Wie.....

Weirdly enough the Hazro user seems to be quite active on the forums.
Probably not, as a B grade item you would think would have been tested, else OcUK would have sent it back to Hazro. Alas, mine was working too when I got it albeit for about 20 minutes, so that might be scant comfort.

Associate
Another Hazro glass fail here ..

Thankfully it didn't shatter, Snapped off a grainy camera phone shot as my mate just didn't understand or believe me when i said the glass fell of my monitor and it was held on with double sided tape !. Thought i'd share it here.
It's now back on there with some twine looping around the monitor holding it in place ;)
~John

Seriously just double sided taped on? I ask I have just noticed that my glass (Hazro HZ27WC 8-Bit 27") has moved. At the bottom of the frame it no longer sits flush with the frame, its as if the weight of the glass has made it drop a mm and has caused it to slide out the bottom of the frame. Very disappointed.

PWlXZGl.jpg.png 7ls7j8F.jpg.png

Last edited:
Associate
Just a word of advice, don't touch Hazro products. Am currently talking to Trading Standards and taking legal action over a my faulty screen which was returned to them over a month ago with Hazro ignoring all attempts at communication.

Avoid like the plague.

Soldato
A month? Wow, way to jump down their neck. Thing is RMA can take more than that for simple things, why did you go directly too them? Have you not tried going to the location you posted the monitor too? Ohwait that may be too simple :p

Associate
A month? Wow, way to jump down their neck. Thing is RMA can take more than that for simple things, why did you go directly too them? Have you not tried going to the location you posted the monitor too? Ohwait that may be too simple :p

Their quoted MAXIMUM time to resolve is 30 days and they've not once replied to my email inquiries asking for an update.

If it was going to take longer then fine, I have no problem with that as long as they let me know. I am completely in the dark.

I went directly to them because Overclockers told me to . . . and as a result Overclockers say they can't help me. The only help Overclockers could give me was to advise that I take legal action and inform Trading Standards.

It shouldn't be down to the customer to chase the repair/replacement of faulty goods.

It's all very well being a smart arse but I have been unable to get a phone number for Hazro (even Overclockers claim they don't have one) and the place the screen was returned to is not anywhere near local and, by Hazros own admission, is just a 3rd party handler.

"Ohwait that may be too simple :p" If only ...

Soldato
Well i dont know what to tell you, When i RMA'd my 30" Hazro it was replaced and back in my hands within 14 days. They allways replied to emails.

have you tried emailing them everyday?

some digging gave me:

Company Name
Hazro Technologies LTD

Company reg no

Registered Address
Cornwall Buildings
45-51 Newhall Street
Birmingham
West Midlands
United Kingdom

Its actually 45 mins from me :p
that is there Registerd UK COmpany address so that is the place to go

Last edited:
Soldato
Pfft Emails

Directors and Secretaries
Lutfur Rehman
19 Mar 2012 ⇒ Present (1 Year) Director

Thats the Only man listed as a person for that company, Try looking for him on facebook?

Associate
Thanks for the Facebook idea, can't see him on there but will try Linked in. The postal address apparently has over 2,500 businesses registered to that postcode so it's likely just a forwarding service but that's where I'm sending the papers anyway.

Back
Top Bottom