New Samsung S23A700D 120Hz

Associate
These monitors are not Nivida 3D compatible so they would be useless for what you want to use them for by the sounds of things. Read back in this thread for plenty of discussion about it.

Maybe I've wrongly formulated the question, I've been reading about it and my understanding was that ill need to buy an nvidia vision device, but I was confused about the number 1 or 3. Anyway I'll search on google ;) thx

Associate
Yeah these monitors won't work with the 3D vision kit. They are designed to work with AMD cards and use a different kind of 3D that Nividia support. Their may be some kind of way around this now but defiantly search up before hand!

Soldato
Hi guys

Why does the monitor blink when in standby is this normal ?

And is there anyway to stop this apart from turning it off completely?

thanks

Soldato
The little blue light ? thats to show it's in standby. If the screen blinks then you might have an issue.

yes when i turn my pc off obviously the screen goes into standby mode the little blue light then starts to flash.

I cant find any mention of it in the manual either :)

Soldato
The little blue light shows the screen has no signal and is in standby mode. If you touch the power button it will go off.

Quite a few monitors blink the power light when in standby it's quite common.

Soldato
The little blue light shows the screen has no signal and is in standby mode. If you touch the power button it will go off.

Quite a few monitors blink the power light when in standby it's quite common.

Ah ok my last 3 monitors never did that the light on those just stay constant not flashing like this one :p

Associate
Maybe I've wrongly formulated the question, I've been reading about it and my understanding was that ill need to buy an nvidia vision device, but I was confused about the number 1 or 3. Anyway I'll search on google ;) thx

Can confirm I havn't been able to get them running with Nvidia vision, just switched from red to green and had a Nvidia 3D Vision 2 kit so have tried getting these running in 3D with 2x670's in sli, can get all 3 monitors running at 120Hz in Nvidia surround, just cant get it in 3D surround. The monitors arn't detected during the 3D setup.

Tried changing the device ID's for the monitors to make my PC think they were Zalman 120Hz monitors but on reboot lost all 3 screens (pc booted just didn't have any displays) had to use a 4th via hdmi to get it all reset back, also tried using the tridef while running in surround but the tridef failed when a game initialised at that point I got fed up with messing about with it.

Can run 3 screens at 120hz in surround mode which is nice, but would have liked to have tried 3D surround but to get that it looks like I may need to get 3 new monitors or use AMD cards with tridef unless someone else has any suggestions.

Soldato
Hey guys, I bought an SSD and have started from scratch, reinstalling windows, etc. Since installing Tridef on my S23A700D back in May, the Tridef download page has changed with OEM and retail packages. I just installed OEM Samsung SyncMaster 3D Game Launcher (TriDef 3D) 1.1.6 and then installed Retail TriDef 3D 5.4 over the top of that which gave me the media player too. I assume that's what you've done too and that the retail version won't expire on me, i.e, those of us with OEM licensed monitors are meant to have 5.4 for free? Certainly no messages warning me of expiry so I presume it's ok.

Ah ok my last 3 monitors never did that the light on those just stay constant not flashing like this one :p

Yep, my blue light blinks too in standby, no worries. ;)

Soldato
Just started getting a strange issue with my screen. Every so often the screen will just flick black then on again as well as the screen will blur and re-align almost like degausing an old school crt.

Its a bit of a pain in the butt I'm just trying to work out if its the monitor or my gpu.

Soldato
Hate those problems. I would bet on the monitor been the issue tbh. That flicking on and off like it's degausing is usually a monitor problem.

Associate
Hello thread again :)
I bought the monitor for a friend and it was from the B-Line clearance, which as I gather is a bit of a gamble as to what part is 'missing'. Another friend had the manual missing, otherwise perfectly intact. This time round, the base part of the monitor is missing, the flat round thing. He says he can live with it still standing okay with the middle thing thing on the desk, but, it makes me nervous to think about!

Does anyone know what the base stand this monitor uses, product number or something?

I think it has to be purchased from an spares website, but, I can't figure out what stand goes for this.
I'll say it's a bit unusual for someone to make a return with the stand missing for OcUK to sell on after, kind of an important part :D

Soldato
Hello thread again :)
I bought the monitor for a friend and it was from the B-Line clearance, which as I gather is a bit of a gamble as to what part is 'missing'. Another friend had the manual missing, otherwise perfectly intact. This time round, the base part of the monitor is missing, the flat round thing. He says he can live with it still standing okay with the middle thing thing on the desk, but, it makes me nervous to think about!

Does anyone know what the base stand this monitor uses, product number or something?

I think it has to be purchased from an spares website, but, I can't figure out what stand goes for this.
I'll say it's a bit unusual for someone to make a return with the stand missing for OcUK to sell on after, kind of an important part :D

Contact OCUK the base should be included not sure how you would stand it up otherwise its quite an important bit to be missing.

Associate
Hi Guys,
I plan on purchasing this monitor next week. But i have a few doubts that those who've thoroughly tested this monitor can clear. Does the S23A700D really display Frame Sequential 3D content over DVI using a DVI-DL cable? From what i've come across on the internet, seems that only the latest TriDef drivers can supposedly output Frame Sequential 3D content over DVI using a DVI-DL cable. I guess the TriDef drivers somehow forces HD3D quadbuffer to output Frame Sequential 3D content over DVI irrespective of the "HDMI 1.4a" setting in the TriDef panel.

But what about games that have native 3D support. Can games such as Hitman Absolution, BF3, Deus Ex HR output Frame Sequential 3D content over DVI using a DVI-DL cable without the TriDef drivers, i.e, can the games built-in 3D driver also "force"(i.e if AMD haven't knowingly enabled this feature since 11.8) the HD3D quadbuffer API to deliver a Frame Sequential 3D signal to the monitor over DVI using a DVI-DL cable?

It would relly help if porkiepiecat, machinebummer and chipachap could contribute :)

Associate
Noticed that the cd for this monitor had the syncmaster tridef on it. So ive installed that to have a play about with tonight. It then asked me to update which I havent done yet but I noticed it was a much older file compared to the newer retail one I was going to buy. Will I have to buy the program to get it as up to date?

Associate
OP
Has anyone heard of the 'LightBoost' feature?

This monitor is apparently able to eliminate motion blur in 2D mode, much like a CRT functions. I've tried it myself and found gaming and multimedia to be much clearer. Although, the added input lag is much more noticeable.

More info: http://www.esreality.com/post/2395123/lightboost-faq-crt-quality-on-120hz-lcd/

I've found the colours to be way off though. Is anybody here able to calibrate their monitor correctly in frame-sequential mode and post their results?

Associate
Has anyone heard of the 'LightBoost' feature?

This monitor is apparently able to eliminate motion blur in 2D mode, much like a CRT functions. I've tried it myself and found gaming and multimedia to be much clearer. Although, the added input lag is much more noticeable.

More info: http://www.esreality.com/post/2395123/lightboost-faq-crt-quality-on-120hz-lcd/

I've found the colours to be way off though. Is anybody here able to calibrate their monitor correctly in frame-sequential mode and post their results?
Since when have these monitors had any ghosting?, I personally find them very responsive? :S

Back
Top Bottom