*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
Someone tell me why I shouldn't say "**** it" and go out and buy one unlocked from phones4u right now lol

definitely! love this device... the battery and the display on this is great!

anyone have a good dock/desk stand for this which allows you to use the note 2 horizontally and vertically?

Associate
definitely! love this device... the battery and the display on this is great!

anyone have a good dock/desk stand for this which allows you to use the note 2 horizontally and vertically?

The official one should do the job no? Found someone supposedly selling an official one from HK for £10 on Amazon.

Soldato
£510 in phones4u, but don't care. Just been playing with my Dad's and man it's slick. Is there a widget that will auto detect the active media player? Kind of like that feature of iOS - the dock media controls control whichever app is open.

Caporegime
As for lte or not, I'd certainly say get the lte version for the extra resell ability. Mine isnt because vodafone dont have them yet, but they're doing a trade in programme apparently once their 4g network kicks in next spring. So if 4g takes my fancy at that time, I can swap handsets if I decide to sign up for 4g. Doesn't help get a great 4g plan as Vodafone will be a rip off, but at least it's an option.

Associate
Does anyone use their Note 2 as an alarm clock?

I am having major issues with all my alarms not going off in the morning and making me late for work!!

I seem to remember having the exact same issue on an S2 I briefly owned 18 months ago.

This is a serious problem and can't believe Samsung can't create an alarm that works!!

Associate
Does anyone use their Note 2 as an alarm clock?

I am having major issues with all my alarms not going off in the morning and making me late for work!!

I seem to remember having the exact same issue on an S2 I briefly owned 18 months ago.

This is a serious problem and can't believe Samsung can't create an alarm that works!!

yes i have used the alarm, everyday since i got it last tuesday for waking up for work, i use the clock's alarm, not the simple alarm widget. I have had no problems, i have the GT-N7105.

Associate
yes i have used the alarm, everyday since i got it last tuesday for waking up for work, i use the clock's alarm, not the simple alarm widget. I have had no problems, i have the GT-N7105.

Wonder why mine don't work then? Do you have the snooze slider on or the smart alarm?

I just set one now for 2 minutes in advance and worked fine, its almost like its when the phone has been asleep for a while or something.

I set 3 last night, one with snooze and smart off, one as a smart alarm and one with snooze enabled. None went off this morning after 7 hours sleep. Been late for work a few times so as you can imagine I am not a happy chappy.

What was strange this morning was I left it in dock mode all night for the first time which leaves a clock on the screen. I woke up a few times during the night and it was on every time, when I woke up this morning to my partners phone alarm, my screen was off completely and we both heard nothing. I'm really confused.

Last edited:
Associate
Wonder why mine don't work then? Do you have the snooze slider on or the smart alarm?

I just set one now for 2 minutes in advance and worked fine, its almost like its when the phone has been asleep for a while or something.

I set 3 last night, one with snooze and smart off, one as a smart alarm and one with snooze enabled. None went off this morning after 7 hours sleep. Been late for work a few times so as you can imagine I am not a happy chappy.

What was strange this morning was I left it in dock mode all night for the first time which leaves a clock on the screen. I woke up a few times during the night and it was on every time, when I woke up this morning to my partners phone alarm, my screen was off completely and we both heard nothing. I'm really confused.

Snooze and smart alarm is disabled and l turn off the display before l sleep, do you have the clock icon shown at the top?

Soldato
Same. Have multiple alarms set throughout the week scheduled for different things including up earlier some mornings etc, hasn't skipped a beat.

Back
Top Bottom