Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm looking for an app that will repeat event alerts i.e. email, missed call and SMS. I sometimes don't hear my phone due to being outside a lot or I am busy and then forget I have an event so I would like something that will repeat every 10 mins or so.

The S3 has this as a default option for SMS but not anything else :(

Lightflow does this.

Soldato
Things that keep the phone awake, rather than actually doing stuff, often don't show up. Install Better Battery Stats and monitor patrial wake locks for a better idea if something effects your battery life. The built in stats are pretty useless.

Caporegime
I'm looking for an app that will repeat event alerts i.e. email, missed call and SMS. I sometimes don't hear my phone due to being outside a lot or I am busy and then forget I have an event so I would like something that will repeat every 10 mins or so.

The S3 has this as a default option for SMS but not anything else :(

Astrid tasks?

Soldato
I bought the humble bundle but for a lower price, I already had almost all of the bonus games from a previous humble bundle. I already had sword and sorcery on steam from yet another humble bundle but thought it might be nice to play on a tablet. They seem to have done a fantastic job with it on android, it is really easy to control and the sound is really nice too. Semms like it's going to be a really enjoyable game.

Associate
HTC One S

Right, not wanting to scroll through 420 pages of advice I'm hoping regular posters can help me out.

I've just made the leap from Blackberry to Android, having bought an HTC One S a few days ago. So far I am loving it.

I've been given a few tips from friends on which apps to get and why, but I get the feeling there is much more out there in terms of personalizing and modifying my phone's OS (ICS 4.0.3). I have no experience with ROMs and don't want to get into it just now.

So far I've got Advanced App Killer and Where's My Droid? both of which are very useful. The app store also had a lot of basic programs that I needed.

What else is there?

Also, two questions. I hate the 'ring' that I have to move to unlock my phone. Can I remove or change it? I am also not a fan of the keyboard layout, and have heard I can modify it. How do I do this?

Thanks!

Caporegime
Firstly go to settings>about>software updates and check for updates, install the latest version (Should be 4.0.4 and sense 4.1)

As said, remove the task killer:

http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-be-using-a-task-killer-with-android/

Buy cerberus instead, much better than where's my droid.

Install nova launcher from the market and hold goto the menu of it, plenty of stuff for you to change.

Install swiftkey 3 keyboard.

Best lock screen app is probably widget locker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom