***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
You sound surprised that a piece of glass can be shattered. The 920 may be pretty rugged, but it's not indestructible!

I'm suspecting it's the glass going right to the edges, my trust ol Nokia N8 has survived some pretty brutal drops.

If the little plastic ridge around the screen was 1mm higher I doubt many of these screen smashes would happen.

Caporegime
Is it me or are apps in the windows store more expensive than the apple and play stores equivalents?

It's not just you... nearly every app that you can get for free on the Play Store costs money on Windows Phone store. Take Angry Birds as an example, I never actually bought a paid app while I had my Nokia 710.

Associate
This offer's only for Phones4U isn't it?

I'm pretty sure I read EE were also giving them out, I'm just wondering about Orange and T-mobile customers, has any of them managed to nab one, I think I read an orange customer did.

Yup!

I did matey. Got one when i upgraded to the 920(Orange Upgrade). Got a white charger and a black phone. So if anyone wants a white charger to swap for a black one, still in it's box. just let me know :D

Soldato
It's not just you... nearly every app that you can get for free on the Play Store costs money on Windows Phone store. Take Angry Birds as an example, I never actually bought a paid app while I had my Nokia 710.

Well that sucks. Not Microsoft's fault but it certainly isn't going to help their app ecosystem or attract more customers.

Associate
The battery life on these phones is amazing. Been going now for 25 hours and had a lot of use yesterday, battery is now reading at 38%. On my old IP4, I would have been down to 20% at 19:00 last night.

Associate
Hmm well I am using a gmail account for my work/email/calendar and my old gmail from my GS for about 5 contacts.

But I don't have any battery life problems.

Agreed, I use the same setup as the guy who posted that video and I am having no battery problems whatsoever, my gmail is also working perfectly, certainly is not constantly syncing nor getting stuck.

Associate
[RXP]Andy;23189975 said:
How ironic.... :p

There is some merit in using Microsoft services if you have a Microsoft phone. Google services if you have a Google phone.

This is another reason for me not to like Google, putting non standard extensions into a common internet protocol.

Okay, that used to be Microsoft's trick, embrace, extend, extinguish. But they seem to have learnt their lesson.

Soldato
Noticed there doesn't seem to be a Windows Phone Apps thread... what must have apps do you all have? Or what little gems have you uncovered recently?

Haven't found many myself yet, but metrogram is a nice instagram app - only a viewer at the minute but the dev is working on a solution for posting images.

Last edited:
Soldato
Which youtube app are people using? Metrotube seems good but if you want to watch a video that you would normally have to sign in for age verification it won't work you get the error "Oops! Unable to play this video due to verification requirements"

Also at some point I was going to change my primary email address for my Microsoft account to something more sensible but I have just seen this

Warning
•If you use a Windows Phone, you will need to reset it to factory settings, which will cause you to lose all your personal data and installed apps.

I hope a work around becomes available for this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom