WP_20121120_009.jpg

WP_20121120_008.jpg

WP_20121120_005.jpg

WP_20121120_006.jpg

WP_20121120_003.jpg

WP_20121120_002.jpg

WP_20121120_010.jpg

WP_20121120_007.jpg

Any photo requests let me know or questions.

Alterntiviely feel free to browse the whole gallery at http://gazedice.com/misc

I will be taking more photos in the day for my site and a video for review soon as well.

Caporegime
Looks amazing.

Does the phone have a notification led?

Just found it doesn't, such a shame I think I would have got one

Last edited:
Associate
I would have liked a notification light as well but that isn't a reason not to get one... you just have to check the phone if you didn't feel or hear it when you got a notification and I think we all check our phones anyway more than we need to as it is!

Caporegime
I would have liked a notification light as well but that isn't a reason not to get one... you just have to check the phone if you didn't feel or hear it when you got a notification and I think we all check our phones anyway more than we need to as it is!

unfortunately that is one of the very few things i must have to consider a phone. back to waiting for the razr maxx hd

Associate
Hi

A couple of questions for you:

Can you please confirm whether all apps recognize the tablet mode or only a select few?
Can you have different launchers on phone and tablet?

Cheers

Associate
Thanks for sharing those photos although it would've nice if you'd resized them!

I am hoping this makes it to UK release by Jan/Feb, my SGS is getting a bit old!

Associate
If someone tells me how to resize them ill do that but I don't know how to do it which is why I hid them behind the spoiler tag!

All apps that have a tablet mode work in tablet mode when in the padfone station. If they don't have a tablet mode then you still get the dreaded 10 inch phone experience which I hope will change soon.

You can change the launcher once you download a padfone launcher app that someone made who has one but it isn't perfect as in tablet mode the ICS tablet experience is still there with the app tray in the top right hand corner.

I can't wait for the 4.1/4.2 update due before the end of the month which will bring the tablet experience hopefully into line with the Nexus 10.

I really love this combo - the unlimited data on my 3 contract and the charging of the phone mean I never have to worry about battery or connectivity, so I even cancelled my 4G iPad Mini pre-order that I placed the second pre-orders were available as I don't need a tablet with internet as my padfone is both a tablet and a phone.

Associate
Thanks for answering.

Any feedback on how games like NOVA 3, Shadowgun, Dead trigger etc work especially in tablet mode. Are there any issues with them?

Cheers

Associate
I'm using the padfone on EE LTE right now. I wanted to do a speed test but for whatever reason the speed tests are all not working but browsing and HD streaming is very good and fast.

Associate
I was browsing ebay and saw the PadFone 2. So I bought one. The guy shipped it FedEx from Taiwan within half an hour which is fast!

Cost me £627 for a 32GB model with the tablet dock and FedEx shipping. I love FedEx because they send you a tax bill after you get the phone delivered and no up front payment.

What is really interesting is that the phone actually has 1800Mhz LTE support so it will work on EE as well so when I do get my Lumia 920 I can use it in the PadFone 2 as well.
Out of interest, how much was the tax bill?

Associate
I've got a Padfone 2 as well (64 Gb in black with Padstation) - HK version.. and the OTA update for HK version is rolling out from tomorrow! :)

Very happy with it!!! - was kind of a spur of the moment purchase on my last day in HK. I had only just recently got an iPhone 4S - and was considering getting an iPhone 5 - but for me there just wasn't enough of a gain/improvement between 4S and 5 and felt I would be swapping for the sake of swappings sake..

I paid around £550 for mine (64 Gb plus Padstation) - plus I got £300 back for my mint iPhone 4S - so all in it stands me at £250 (which I thought wasn't too bad! :) )

I ran an AnTuTu Benchmark for anyone who is interested - bear in mind that this was on stock ICS:

Screenshot_2012-12-15-21-36-44_zpsb3b32d3a.png

I've heard that JB is even more efficient so the scores after tomorrow should be better?..

Back
Top Bottom