** NEW CORSAIR LCS OFFERINGS AT OCUK **

Soldato
Flow rate within the system is one of the greatest factors not just the radiator size. I would say the three greatest are the radiator, air flow and water flow. Clearly the temperature it can achieve will back up their claims.

I expect Kraken and Corsair pumps are very similar.

Their claims are clearly with nothing to back them up.

They give no data for Kraken X60.

They only clain H100i outperforms anything currently on market.

And that is not true or substantiated! Pure and simple.

Soldato
I expect Kraken and Corsair pumps are very similar.

Their claims are clearly with nothing to back them up.

They give no data for Kraken X60.

They only clain H100i outperforms anything currently on market.

And that is not true or substantiated! Pure and simple.

I'm sure with the reviews we will see what the differences are. Clearly there are differences.

Soldato
Didn't think I would have to tell you this but, try a force refresh (Ctrl + F5). It has definitely been altered.

Don't even go there mate. You wrote the review, posted false statements, posted here that I was correct and it had been changed when it had not, and I called you on that fact. :rolleyes:

It was not changed when I checked to see if your post that it had been changed was true.

I opened a new google window and did a new search for "H100i review!", opened your Vortez review and went to conclusions.

That is a clean opening of everything posted and no Ctrl +F5 is needed to get current posting.

Bottom line is you posted it was changed before it was in fact actually done. :rolleyes:

Soldato
That review is ok but tbh using the same fans I see barely any notable difference between the H100 and H100i both seem to offer the same cooling on my 2500k @ 4.5ghz. The only major notable difference is the H100i fans when run from my mainboard are a bit quieter but not by a great deal when under load.

The problem with the H100i is the rattling fans and the link software not working.

Tbh it should never have been released. From what i have read the fixed bios just increases the fan speeds to stop the fans vibrating.. ? Hopefully this is not true.

But tbh after all the H100 issues and now the issues with the H100i I won't be buying another Corsair cooler it's far too much hassle.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sure with the reviews we will see what the differences are. Clearly there are differences.
I'm sure we will.

I fulling expect the Kraken X60 to be as good or better than H100i.

The point I'm trying to make is Vortez and their reviewer released their H100i review over 21 hours ago saying H100i is best on market, and that was a false statement

In the last 30 minutes they have now edited their original conclusion and removed the false statement.

Soldato
That review is ok but tbh using the same fans I see barley any notable difference between the H100 and H100i both seem to offer the same cooling on my 2500k @ 4.5ghz. The only major notable difference is the H100i fans when run from my mainboard are a bit quieter but not by a great deal when under load.

The problem with the H100i is the rattling fans and the link software not working.

Tbh it should never have been released. From what i have read the fixed bios just increases the fan speeds to stop the fans vibrating.. ? Hopefully this is not true.

But tbh after all the H100 issues and now the issues with the H100i I won't be buying another Corsair cooler it's far too much hassle.
I suspected the fan issue would get a Rube Goldberg work-around fix.

Soldato
I'm sure we will.

The point I'm trying to make is Vortez and their reviewer released their H100i review over 21 hours ago saying H100i is best on market, and that was a false statement

In the last 30 minutes they have now edited their original conclusion and removed the false statement.

I assume you have also done some independent tests to verify this?

Soldato
I assume you have also done some independent tests to verify this?
No, I do not have independent tests verifying my expectation of performance. :D

Is it reasonable to assume you have also done some independent tests to verify it is not a reasonable expectation? :D

Associate
New Link and Firmware now out and working

Just updated the 100i with the new Corsair Link2.2.0 and the Firmware 1.0.4 and all the fan noise stopped, as if by magic, nice one Corsair;););)

Soldato
I'm sure we will.

With respect, it's perfectly acceptable to assume your second opening of the review could have been retrieved from a cached copy. No need to go off on one.

You pointed out an error in a review and they admitted and made attempts to correct it.

Can I also ask, if Vortez review the Kraken X60 and it does in fact perform under what the H100i acheives, will you be posting a thread with an apology to Vortez regarding the accusation of false representation ?

Soldato
With respect, it's perfectly acceptable to assume your second opening of the review could have been retrieved from a cached copy. No need to go off on one.

You pointed out an error in a review and they admitted and made attempts to correct it.

Can I also ask, if Vortez review the Kraken X60 and it does in fact perform under what the H100i acheives, will you be posting a thread with an apology to Vortez regarding the accusation of false representation ?
No I do not owe Vortez and apopogy.

And I did not recover a cashed copy already on my computer. I was very careful to get a new download view of Vortez and then to final page of review. Mishima posted it was changed before it had been completely done. If I had opened it a minute or two later it may well have been corrected. But it was not when I checked and posted back here. A few minute later it was corrected and I said it was.

David Mitchelson (mishima) wrote "The Hydro Series H100i outperforms anything currently on the market and attains the moniker it has been given ‘Extreme’." and Vortez posted it. This was not a typo or misprint. It was thought out and written by David and published by Vortez. It is a false statement.. and it was posted up on their website for 21 + hours for all to read and believe until I called them on it. Hopefully Nzxt doesn't loose anything because of this. But the fact remains it was an unsubstantiated statement claiming the H100i was better than anything currently on the market... and that is not the truth at this time. Vortez has not tested and reviewed the Kraken X60 so cannot say H100i is better even if it may be. Even if Vortez reviews the Kraken X60 and it performs under the H100i it doen't carry a lot of credibility. Why? Because their false statement made and brought to light here has already severely damaged Vortez's credibility with people who know they made the false statement.

Is it possible the Kraken X60 is not as good as H100i? Yes. But it is not probable considering it's radiator is 35% bigger and hoses pumps look similar are likely to perform similarly.

I do not owe Vortez an apology.

But David Mitchelson owes everyone everywhere in the computer community and Vortez an apology for writing it. And Vortez owes everyone everywhere in the computer community an apology for publishing it.

And I have seen nothing but a thanks for catching the false statement. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Installed the new software and it all was ok. Updated the firmware and now it will not recognise the H100i again and there are no lights on the device ??

Hopefully the pump is still working. Getting really fed up with this thing now... :mad:

Edit - If I try and reflash it says H100i not connected.

Soldato
And even if Vortez reviews the Kraken X60 and it performs under the H100i it means nothing. Why? Because the false statement already made and brought to light here had already done severe damage to Vortez's credibility.

But if the Kraken underperforms in relation to the H100i, this makes the H100i the better option, despite being premature, the statement is not false.

Should I bring you a step-ladder? That horse looks incredibly high from down here.

Soldato
Ok be carefull with this firmware as my H100i is now completely unresponsive and my cpu temps have gone up 10.c at idle. The pump seems to be running but I have know a pretty much dead cooler no lights and no software control.

I have just tried plugging in a usb lead and running from a different usb connection but there is nothing at all...

:mad::mad:

Soldato
Ok be carefull with this firmware as my H100i is now completely unresponsive and my cpu temps have gone up 10.c at idle. The pump seems to be running but I have know a pretty much dead cooler no lights and no software control.

I have just tried plugging in a usb lead and running from a different usb connection but there is nothing at all...

:mad::mad:

TBH Moogley, I think you've just been really unlucky and got a really bad unit.

Can you not RMA it ?

Soldato
TBH Moogley, I think you've just been really unlucky and got a really bad unit.

Can you not RMA it ?

It worked fine when I updated the software. Could see H100i change colours etc. Did the firmware update and restarted and it is now completely dead or not recognised by the usb ?

The unit is still working from what I can gather plugging the fans into the H100i they now just run at max speed and nothing else. It seems doing the official firmware update has killed the controller on the unit.

I will RMA but a bit pee'd off not having a cpu cooler for god knows how long. I think I will ask for a refund and buy something else tbh...

:mad:

Soldato
But if the Kraken underperforms in relation to the H100i, this makes the H100i the better option, despite being premature, the statement is not false.

Should I bring you a step-ladder? That horse looks incredibly high from down here.

Should I bring you a step-ladder? That horse looks incredibly high from down here.[/QUOTE]

No.

The posted statement of fact is false because there is no fact to substantiate it.

Somebody besides Vortez needs to review both coolers to prove which is the best.

Yes, bring your step-ladder. mishima and Vortez need it to get back back the credibility they lost. :D

Back
Top Bottom