emo thread time

Soldato
I feel the need to get something off my chest...

A short time ago I started something with a new group. Well, at first it was just one or two, but they introduced me to the rest of the gang pretty fast. I think it helped with my confidence a bit. Must have been giving off a better vibe or something because I was getting a few looks. My wife (fyi - she's Chinese) started to notice something too. I was a bit more wacky. More jokey, doing silly impressions and what-not. I knew that she liked this side of me, but I also suspected she was a bit jealous because it wasn't her that was making me feel this way. But things soon changed. I had a couple of 'pointed' moments with a couple of members and it really changed how I felt about the whole bunch of them. Sometimes things would be fine and I'd forget about the awkward times. Things would be good again. Unfortunately, the barbed moments became more frequent. To the point where it would affect my mood even when around the mrs.

This has all come at a bit of a bad time really - my wife's brother is getting married soon and of course we are attending. However as you may know, your public appearance, your outward facade, how others perceive you - it's a big deal in China, and I was getting a bit concerned about how things were going to go at the wedding. I mean it was just a couple of days ago that I got yelled at because I hugged her wrong. She even blamed my 'new relationship' for that!

Unfortunately things have got worse. My wife accused me of changing the way I kiss since the others came along! I couldn't believe it! And then came the ultimatum... it's her or them, she said. I was really upset about this, but in the cold light of day there wasn't much of a decision to make. I mean, it's a just a mo'.

If you're getting funny looks / taunts because of the way you kissed or hug Fyi, then I would say that it's Fyi's responsibility (as a native Chinese) to explain why you're getting untoward attention and what the protocol is. If Fyi doesn't co-operate, then relationship is in jeopardy tbh.

Back
Top Bottom