What are you buying your girlfriend/wife for christmas?

Soldato
Pandora silver ring
Lingerie
Store vouchers (defo not buying clothes for her I'd get it so wrong)

edit: was going to try and get decent tickets for The Black Keys gig in December but all sold out and the prices on viagogo etc are criminal

I gave up on tickets for The Black Keys - way overpriced since selling out. So I just got her tickets for The Vaccines in May. A long time to wait but she'll love that.

Soldato
Well, its her birthday shortly before xmas. She's away for a few weeks but will need a relaxing treat before she's back for xmas. So.....

Birthday is a stay in a fancy hotel and a spa head/back massage, meal, something to be decided upon from Swarovski, Versace perfume gift set and some lingerie! Gifts will be wrapped nicely with a bottle of wine and in the room before I pick her up and take her there!

Christmas will be a owl handling experience (she loves owls), clothes or some boots, maybe some more jewellery but nothing too crazy!

Soldato
Am I the only one who finds issuing your wife with divorce papers on Xmas day, especially when you have kids, a little distasteful? No matter how horrible she may have been.

Seems petty. If you're unhappy just do it now.

Soldato
Taking her to NYC for the week before Christmas, although I see it as me going to NYC and I've allowed her to come with me...

Soldato
Still no idea what to get her. :( Money is tight at the moment but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Am I the only one who finds issuing your wife with divorce papers on Xmas day, especially when you have kids, a little distasteful? No matter how horrible she may have been.

Seems petty. If you're unhappy just do it now.

I'm with you Splodge. If you're not happy then make the move now and get out. It's likely that there's a terrible atmosphere which the kids will no doubt pick up on and the whole period before you do it will just be drawing out the inevitable. Do it now, speak to her like an adult and try and stay civil.

Soldato
She's been subtly hinting that she would like diamond earrings, I hope she sees the funny side :D

w.jpeg

Soldato
She hasn't told me what she wants yet. However things may be tight. rMBP, private eye operation* just before Christmas and on Wednesday our oven blew up. That's a lot of money to spend at this time of year.

* I'm getting money of my wife and family towards the operation. Christmas as an adult can sure suck. :(

I'm with you Splodge. If you're not happy then make the move now and get out. It's likely that there's a terrible atmosphere which the kids will no doubt pick up on and the whole period before you do it will just be drawing out the inevitable. Do it now, speak to her like an adult and try and stay civil.

Thankfully it's not just me then...

Back
Top Bottom