What do you NOT regret buying the most?

Soldato
Raymond, you should post a picture of yourself with all of them around your neck. That would become my new desktop image.

Soldato
Parker 45 fountain pen I bought when I was 14. Cost me £20 used it for all my GCSE's, A levels and University exams.

Swiss Army knife. Use it every day for something or another.

Associate
My LEGO UCS Millennium Falcon

I still remember when I first started using the internet, back in the 56k days when it'd cost a penny a minute. One of, if not the very first things I looked at on the 'net was a LEGO Millennium Falcon by a guy called Ben Fleskes. From that moment on, I'd wanted the ultimate LEGO Millennium Falcon. I spent countless hours drawing plans and researching "The Ship of Riddles" but my meager LEGO collection held me back from fulfilling my dream. Fast forward about ten years and I'm in my mid teens, I'd been saving all my pocket money for three years for a guitar. But, no matter what I tried, I just couldn't get the guitar I wanted for the money I had. So I kind of gave up... that's when LEGO announced the UCS Millennium Falcon. It was £349.99!!! The biggest set ever. I ummed and ahhed, it was a lot of money to spend but buying it would fulfill that long held dream. So, after much consideration, I bought it and it was like that childhood dream came true. Fast forward to the present day and I could easily sell it for £1,000+... not that I ever would.

TL;DR Bought a LEGO UCS Millennium Falcon for £349.99 and now it's worth over £1,000!

Last edited:
Soldato
3 things come to mind:

PS3: I bought it on impulse 3-4 years ago because I saw them on sale for £200. This was unusual because at the time, they cost £300 pretty much eveywhere. Even 1 game bundles cost £320. Obviously they are cheaper now. I still use it quite a lot

Ipad 2: I had some vouchers for an electrical shop. I'd got it down to either an Ipad, a laptop or an overpriced monitor. 100% happy I made the right choice.

Playstation Plus: Paid £40 and have games coming out of my ears now. Well worth it.

Soldato
Not a material luxury, but travelling for 5 months. Cost me an arm and a leg, am now skint, but worth each and every single penny. The memories/experiences/friendships made are priceless.

Back
Top Bottom